What are you thinking about?

pwny

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Other than that, honestly, I wish I had some of the ability to be foolish or carefree in a general sense. 

Can you elaborate on that at all? It should be obvious why I'm asking these questions; I'm just trying to account for an angle that my wife and I haven't considered.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Used birth control? 

*edit* 

Damn, Matts beat me to it. 

The most common answer you'll get is probably traveling because I'm in lockstep with Matts there as well. Traveling starts to get considerably more expensive for your average person (and it's expensive enough already if you like to travel outside of the country) when you have to account for that third person, and it's also harder to adjust around another schedule once they are in school and things like that. 

Other than that, honestly, I wish I had some of the ability to be foolish or carefree in a general sense. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Both. Taking kids on a trip like that would be wasted on them. To young to appreciate it. Plus it would be more fun to do as a 20 year old me than a 40 year old me. Well, maybe not more fun, but more wild. 

It might be a fun trip for me to take them on while they are in college though. 

There seems to be a theme on losing out on fun time. How old were you guys when you had kids?

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Can you elaborate on that at all? It should be obvious why I'm asking these questions; I'm just trying to account for an angle that my wife and I haven't considered.

It's different for different people, and honestly, if you're at the point where you have to ask about it, its probably too late regardless lol. But like, when I was 24 I could have blown all my money on a bad investment or business venture and it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. I could have quit my job at a moments notice and just not worried about what it meant with my life. You can just drop it all and and go to live somewhere else just because (okay, I actually did this several times). I could roll up and try to make a living playing poker full time if I wanted (okay, I actually did this as well). 

So basically it's just any decision where you have to be concerned about consequences now. When you don't have a child, there are a lot where you just don't have to do that. You can do a lot of crap "just because". 

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

There seems to be a theme on losing out on fun time. How old were you guys when you had kids?

35. And I still travel a lot...but part of my ability to do that is based on the fact that I waited so long to have kids and my life was set up reasonably well. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's different for different people, and honestly, if you're at the point where you have to ask about it, its probably too late regardless lol. But like, when I was 24 I could have blown all my money on a bad investment or business venture and it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. I could have quit my job at a moments notice and just not worried about what it meant with my life. You can just drop it all and and go to live somewhere else just because (okay, I actually did this several times). I could roll up and try to make a living playing poker full time if I wanted (okay, I actually did this as well). 

So basically it's just any decision where you have to be concerned about consequences now. When you don't have a child, there are a lot where you just don't have to do that. You can do a lot of crap "just because". 

Lol we are very different people. I'd be considered very boring compared to you; I've never had any desire to do anything close to things like that, and I am very risk-averse. 

Thanks for the input. It's definitely not too late right now, but we are getting close to the point where it may be.

37 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

35. And I still travel a lot...but part of my ability to do that is based on the fact that I waited so long to have kids and my life was set up reasonably well. 

Damn, we are almost the same age and I am almost done with the "kids" part of having children, you are just getting started buddy. Ill be your emotional support animal if you need. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

We do now. People will rebel against you. They'll see Matts is against us and automatically go the other way. 

You have fallen for our trap! 

Ignore this Matt. Im Caribbean. I shall join your cause and together we can unite and wield the mightiest force of them all. The race card.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Ignore this Matt. Im Caribbean. I shall join your cause and together we can unite and wield the mightiest force of them all. The race card.

Yeah... I'm Indian. So my card is ready to play for Forge.

Forge and I are getting everyone to call him Webster going forward. You either get on the train or get off the track.

Choo choo, baby.

• Like 1

Ive been ordering a ton of stuff from Amazon the past month, mainly for the jeep, and no joke 1/2 of the packages have arrived damaged or the wrong item. Its bizarre. I had to return 6 different orders in the past 2 weeks including one yesterday and another today. 

Im assuming this is due to covid cause I am used to the quality control being much better. 

Edited by Matts4313

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive been ordering a ton of stuff from Amazon the past month, mainly for the jeep, and no joke 1/2 of the packages have arrived damaged or the wrong item. Its bizarre. I had to return 6 different orders in the past 2 weeks including one yesterday and another today. 

Im assuming this is due to covid cause I am used to the quality control being much better. 

I don't know how long you have been using Amazon, but if it's a while, it's a hoot if you go back and look at what you were ordering years ago. This year marked my 20th anniversary of ordering with Amazon (first order 3/6/01) and going back and looking over those orders from 01-07 is hilarious. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know how long you have been using Amazon, but if it's a while, it's a hoot if you go back and look at what you were ordering years ago. This year marked my 20th anniversary of ordering with Amazon (first order 3/6/01) and going back and looking over those orders from 01-07 is hilarious. 

Youve got me beat, it appears my order history starts in 2008. That seems wrong though as I know I ordered stuff before then. That must have been when I opened my account instead of just doing 1 off purchases. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Everyone should be alerted that Webmaster shall now be known as "Webster" as opposed to "Webby". 

@ET80 and I are making this happen and it will be a lot smoother if we had your support. 

Thank you. 

ABORT! ABORT! HE'S GONNA SHOOT ME!!!

• Like 1