Martavis Bryant has requested a trade

grubs10

What would you guys think of this trade...

Pitt Gets: Kaelin Clay

Buff Gets: Martavis Bryant

Obviously Bryant is a really crappy teammate but if he is as good as he thinks he is it could be a win win for both teams.

Bills get a talented WR to compete with Matthews and Thompson for #1 WR role while Steelers get a speedy young WR who will accept his role on team whilebgetting rid of an unhappy playet

49 minutes ago, August4th said:

coats looks like a lost cause...I think the steelers would of signed a WR had they known Bryant/coates/rodgers would be major disappointments this season...thank god we drafted Juju

Their hands are equally questionable.  Both are speed players.  Bryant causes issues, Coates just does what's asked.  Give me the guy that shuts up and does his job.

16 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

They should've drafted a few WRs this year.  Godwin, Kupp, Hansen, etc.....there were a lot of WRs in this year's draft available in the mid rounds.  

I was all about it, but plenty of people said "we're fine" and "we're stacked".

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I was all about it, but plenty of people said "we're fine" and "we're stacked".

Lol I remember that all too well.  I had several WRs in my mocks if you recall, and everyone on here (well almost everyone) said how stacked the Steelers were.  It was a position of strength.  BS.  They had a bunch of mediocre scrubs, a suspension risk nutjob, and Brown.  Just imagine if the Steelers hadn't burned a 2nd rounder on JuJu!  Obviously the Steelers agreed with you and I on the need at WR or they wouldn't have taken JuJu that soon.  He isn't the guy I would've taken....I liked Kupp, Godwin and Hansen all more than him, but he's solid and I'm happy with him.  I just thought he could've been had in 3-4 like the other guys.  I also had Shaheen in my mocks as a big, receiving TE, but he went before the 2nd rounder and you couldn't take him over Watt in 1.  

40 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Lol I remember that all too well.  I had several WRs in my mocks if you recall, and everyone on here (well almost everyone) said how stacked the Steelers were.  It was a position of strength.  BS.  They had a bunch of mediocre scrubs, a suspension risk nutjob, and Brown.  Just imagine if the Steelers hadn't burned a 2nd rounder on JuJu!  Obviously the Steelers agreed with you and I on the need at WR or they wouldn't have taken JuJu that soon.  He isn't the guy I would've taken....I liked Kupp, Godwin and Hansen all more than him, but he's solid and I'm happy with him.  I just thought he could've been had in 3-4 like the other guys.  I also had Shaheen in my mocks as a big, receiving TE, but he went before the 2nd rounder and you couldn't take him over Watt in 1.  

I had a late 1st on JuJu so I was ecstatic to get him in the 2nd.  I still remember my evaluation calling him a dying breed who can turn a game around without a 50 yard play.  I called him being a early favorite for Big Ben over his ability to do all the things that Heath used to do.  

In fact word for word what I wrote:

Attacks the ball in the air. Not the crispiest route runner, but body control and swivel hips are special. Very physical runner, wants to hurt someone. Does cut on a dime despite poor route. Willing blocker even though he isn't great at it. Deceptively big at 6'2" 220. Tracks the ball nicely. Lock of overall speed will keep him down. 

NFL Comp: Keshawn Johnson.

Nailed it.

Martavis Bryant is not in Steelers facility Monday due to illness, according to agent Thomas Santanello. He went to the hospital. JuJu Smith-Schuster said he doesn't take Bryant's comments about him personally. "There's only one ball," Smith-Schuster said.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Ffowler_jeremy.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJeremy Fowler, ESPN Staff Writer

42 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I had a late 1st on JuJu so I was ecstatic to get him in the 2nd.  I still remember my evaluation calling him a dying breed who can turn a game around without a 50 yard play.  I called him being a early favorite for Big Ben over his ability to do all the things that Heath used to do.  

In fact word for word what I wrote:

Nailed it.

Well with me, it came down to injuries.  I've seen him play against Stanford quite a bit and thought he was a solid player.  I just remember the announcers always talking about him being dinged up.  If you're not on the field, you are irrelevant.  That scares me away from many players.  He gets flagged for holding way too much, but he's been a pretty solid player so far otherwise.  I also prefer guys with a little more speed unless they're a Cooper Kupp with elite route running, agility and hands.  Kupp looking sluggish at the combine made me question if he'd be athletic enough to separate at this level too though.  He's doing ok so far as well.  Godwin hasn't done much.  Hansen hasn't even caught a pass yet lol.

2 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Well with me, it came down to injuries.  I've seen him play against Stanford quite a bit and thought he was a solid player.  I just remember the announcers always talking about him being dinged up.  If you're not on the field, you are irrelevant.  That scares me away from many players.  He gets flagged for holding way too much, but he's been a pretty solid player so far otherwise.  I also prefer guys with a little more speed unless they're a Cooper Kupp with elite route running, agility and hands.  Kupp looking sluggish at the combine made me question if he'd be athletic enough to separate at this level too though.  He's doing ok so far as well.  Godwin hasn't done much.  Hansen hasn't even caught a pass yet lol.

He's was dinged up in college but missed few games.

Kupp's been good, but he's slowed down recently.  Godwin for some unknown reason is buried on the Bucs bench behind DJax and others.

Archived