Martavis Bryant has requested a trade

grubs10

Get the suspicious feeling Bryant is headed down a dark road -- which is not somewhere I want someone who had an issue with sobriety going. Doesn't seem like he is in a great place mentally and like all change, your true form comes out when it really hits the fan. Frustration levels with Bryant seem to make me things emotionally -- its hitting the fan. I think he read his clippings and thought much more of himself than what he can really produce, especially after being out for a year. 

This isnt some sort of accusation...but challenges are usually when things start to slip.  Just seems extremely strange to me that he went to the "Doctors" today so suddenly after his comments blow up on social media again after a game. How often to people get sick right after being sick a few weeks ago?

35 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Get the suspicious feeling Bryant is headed down a dark road -- which is not somewhere I want someone who had an issue with sobriety going. Doesn't seem like he is in a great place mentally and like all change, your true form comes out when it really hits the fan. Frustration levels with Bryant seem to make me things emotionally -- its hitting the fan. I think he read his clippings and thought much more of himself than what he can really produce, especially after being out for a year. 

This isnt some sort of accusation...but challenges are usually when things start to slip.  Just seems extremely strange to me that he went to the "Doctors" today so suddenly after his comments blow up on social media again after a game. How often to people get sick right after being sick a few weeks ago?

I feel you on the additional issues that could arise related to his past as these things become more tempting with adversity.  I personally think the doctor thing is bogus though.  He didn't want to face his team mates and the media after what he said so he childishly called in sick.  "Went to the doctor" just to make it seem more convincing.  I'll fully eat crow if it comes out to be proven somehow but with the lack of maturity he has shown it seems fitting that he would cower away from facing everybody.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I think his GF is making it worse..she comes off very sensitive/emotional on twitter and that's who he comes home to everyday

Hate to judge a man's woman bc he loves her. She comes off as a hoodrat who is trying to get hers. As is more Martavis TD's, the more s___ she can buy. But what woman doesn't want more s___

She is the problem. Hoodrat is tryna get paid

They may view just not using him or throwing to him as a form of discipline. The guy's play is sloppy. Behind closed doors they are likely banging the drum about this to him, but he's too dumb, childish, and arrogant to get it right.

Remember - this team traded Super  Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes for his attitude and issues with weed. I think they're holding onto Bryant out of some hope it will pass and because, well, screw Bryant. Let him keep putting out bad tape. He's not going anywhere else and contributing this season. I see some Steelers fans talking about NE, but there's no way in hell he would be able to get on the field there. The offense they run is too complicated and would require precision that Bryant doesn't have. He'd be deactivated on a weekly basis. I doubt Bryant is going anywhere and learning a brand new offense from scratch this season.

15 hours ago, grubs10 said:

Props to JuJu.  Really starting to love this kid.  I've been listening to the Fan most of the day and JuJu is handling this situation with the media like a mature adult.  Martavis should take some notes.

might you change your avatar soon :$

Bryant needs to be more professional.  JuJU is Hines Ward in many ways , who would have thought?

Read a tweet that Bryant said if his role doesnt change...he is going to play out his contract and walk. 

It's confirmed. He is an idiot. 

We were never going to resign him. We signed AB long term, drafted JuJu, and Bryant now carries even more red flags against a second, more expensive deal. This seems like the, "they were going to fire me, so I quit." 

Not sure who is agent is, but he is also an idiot. How can they not see that what he is doing is a gigantic negative for his already marked client?

The only good news is that I do not think this will change how he plays on Sundays. He NEEDS success on gameday. That's the only way he sticks in the league and it could be the only way he forces himself out of Pittsburgh. His cap hit is like $700K next year. We are not going to just cut or trade that talent and price for no significant return. I think he could get himself traded if he blows up at the end of the year and we can net the same round return for him that he cost. But he is fighting a tough battle here that he most likely cant win. 

9 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Read a tweet that Bryant said if his role doesnt change...he is going to play out his contract and walk. 

It's confirmed. He is an idiot. 

We were never going to resign him. We signed AB long term, drafted JuJu, and Bryant now carries even more red flags against a second, more expensive deal. This seems like the, "they were going to fire me, so I quit." 

Not sure who is agent is, but he is also an idiot. How can they not see that what he is doing is a gigantic negative for his already marked client?

The only good news is that I do not think this will change how he plays on Sundays. He NEEDS success on gameday. That's the only way he sticks in the league and it could be the only way he forces himself out of Pittsburgh. His cap hit is like $700K next year. We are not going to just cut or trade that talent and price for no significant return. I think he could get himself traded if he blows up at the end of the year and we can net the same round return for him that he cost. But he is fighting a tough battle here that he most likely cant win. 

Trade him for a 7th and give that $700K to Bell.

Archived