Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

It aint what Ohio State, Clemson and Alabama have at their disposal which is the greater point. The gap in competition is an overused criticism IMO. 

Ok, but those teams you mention are playing vastly better competition every week too, which is the point. 

Fields may have a better supporting cast, but he's also playing against teams that have the horses to match up.

23 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Disagree. Wilson makes you say “wow” on tape much more than Fields does. Fields struggles to read deep and make tight window throws consistently. 

I'm fine with Wilson going #2. I have him #2 on my board. But damn, Fields is going to be absolutely studly in Shanny's offense. If SF messes this up, I'm going full on @Uncle Buck

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

The talent level at Ohio State is about 69,000x better than what BYU has.

Fields held onto the football too long last year and looked puzzled trying to decipher tricky coverages. He took care of the football for the most part when throwing it deep, but Wilson gives you that extra. The things Baker Mayfield does, like dropping the ball on a dime into tight coverage. You don't get those same kinds of ballsy throws from Fields. And while some might like that trait, I'd argue that he puts his team in worse spots by hanging onto the football rather than being able to chuck it downfield to a covered WR in a way that prevents it from being picked off.

I haven't watched a ton of Wilson, but his arm talent and ability to improvise is special. Wilson at his best is 100x better than Fields at his best. No Ohio State homers are going to pull me off of that point. I watched at least 80% of every OSU game from start to finish over the last two seasons.

I think it's insane to think that Fields would have been better at BYU, where he could just do whatever the F he wanted in terms of broken down plays.

Again, everyone's aware OSU is a better school and has more talent than BYU. Point is, OSU is also playing legit schools with the horses to match up too.

BYU was largely playing inferior competition with no chance every week. Which is the whole argument/point. 

I have Wilson right there with Fields/probably slightly higher myself, but this is worthy of being part of the discussion/eval. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

Ok, but those teams you mention are playing vastly better competition every week too, which is the point. 

Fields may have a better supporting cast, but he's also playing against teams that have the horses to match up.

There's no may have, he does as does Lawrence and Jones. Just because you're in a big conference doesn't mean you're loaded with talent. 

Either way its all irrelevant to an extent but its just hilarious to me when it's used to slight a prospect. 

There's no may have, he does as does Lawrence and Jones. Just because you're in a big conference doesn't mean you're loaded with talent. 

Either way its all irrelevant to an extent but its just hilarious to me when it's used to slight a prospect. 

I mean, idk how you think competition/who you're playing shouldn't be worthy of being talked about.

I never stated OSU was going through the ringer all year, but it's also very clear Fields played teams with NFL talent littered across the teams several times the past two years too. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, idk how you think competition/who you're playing shouldn't be worthy of being talked about.

I never stated OSU was going through the ringer all year, but it's also very clear Fields played teams with NFL talent littered across the teams several times the past two years too. 

Because it doesn't relate to your skillset which is what teams should be scouting. Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, etc are good prospects because they're talented not because of who they played/played with. 

Every Big 10, SEC and ACC QB plays against NFL talent several times but that doesn't mean every QB in those conferences should be drafted high. 

Because it doesn't relate to your skillset which is what teams should be scouting. Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, etc are good prospects because they're talented not because of who they played/played with. 

Every Big 10, SEC and ACC QB plays against NFL talent several times but that doesn't mean every QB in those conferences should be drafted high. 

Who said any of this?

@Forge who do you think fared better today? Jones or Fields.

I liked Jones short and intermediate throwing better than Fields but Fields deep throws for the most part, had some underthrows, were great. 

In terms of the 49ers, or just in general? 

In general, there were no flags or anything. Kind of just reinforced a lot of stuff that I Think most already thought.  Mac had a rough start, just looks far more limited. Doesn't look comfortable off platform and clearly there are physical limitations. Even when he's more accurate intermediate, the throws don't pop.  Once he got settled, I thought he looked good. I liked the intermediate passes he made sort of "half" off platform...where he's moving in the pocket  via sort of a skipping motion. Those aren't as easy as they seem. I liked how relaxed he was. 

Fields' motion was sometimes lending itself to sailing balls on those intermediate routes I thought.