Official FF BSET - South Park vs Game of Thrones

Deadpulse

Final Four  

36 members have voted

1. 1. 2nd seed vs 4th seed

• South Park (4)
    • Game of Thrones (2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/2021 at 09:00 PM

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Can’t let the bad season take away from how amazing the show was. GOT

It was the final season though that wrapped the show up.... if it was a bad season in the middle, sure. 

Also, S5-S8 are def not on par with S1-S4. S1-S4 of GOT is on another level of any TV show ever. S5 was pretty boring. S6 had three of the greatest episodes in the show in E5 (The Door), E9 (Battle of the Bastards), and E10 (The Winds of Winter), but those other seven episodes were complete 100% the definition of filler. S7 was above-average, and I enjoyed it, but was very flawed. And of course the monstrosity that is S8....

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

Objectively, it is much harder to keep a show like GoT good for an extended period than South Park.   With South Park, there is literally nothing thats off limits, since it is a fearless animated comedy.    GoT has certain parameters it has to operate within, and they largely did an amazing job.

The final season being terrible tarnished the show.  GoT fell into the same trap as Dexter.    Even if the show was amazing for numerous years, failing to wrap it up properly will greatly impact its legacy.

Bottom line...I think GoT was a better overall ACCOMPLISHMENT, but I greatly prefer South Park.    I doubt Ill ever watch GoTs all the way through again (even though I enjoyed it), but if I had to pick one show to watch te rest of my life, there is a good chance it would be South Park.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

south park is one of the worst comedies out there imo. never got the hype.

wild that it's gonna take down got. 

Why is it "one of the worst"? Also, what comedy do you feel is the exact opposite? I feel that will offer a good amount of info as well

6 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

south park is one of the worst comedies out there imo. never got the hype.

wild that it's gonna take down got. 

I understand people not liking it because it's crude and raunchy. But sometimes it takes that level of in your face shock value to get people to see some of the most idiotic aspects of society. Matt and Trey just have a perfect way of contorting the lens of the current issues to show how inane they are.

Episodes 200 and 201... absolutely NOTHING is off limits to them.

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Why is it "one of the worst"? Also, what comedy do you feel is the exact opposite? I feel that will offer a good amount of info as well

i just never found it funny. there's hella comedy shows i don't like but like i get why people like it. i just don't at all get it with south park. i remember when i was a kid i'd watch it just because all my friends watched it, so i'd always give it a try but i just never connected with it or whatever. comedy that's the exact opposite? i don't know how to make that determination lol. i don't find most like straight comedy shows funny. probably because the expectation of comedy ruins it for me maybe. i like always sunny. i kinda like curb. 

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I understand people not liking it because it's crude and raunchy.

it's not at all that lol. i don't give af about any of that kinda stuff. it just always felt like... i don't know, just super lazy with the jokes or whatever. to me at least. i think it started in an era where just being like edgy was enough to garner laughs, but the market's just so saturated with it now that i don't feel like they really do the material/topics justice with the jokes 

20 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i just never found it funny. there's hella comedy shows i don't like but like i get why people like it. i just don't at all get it with south park. i remember when i was a kid i'd watch it just because all my friends watched it, so i'd always give it a try but i just never connected with it or whatever. comedy that's the exact opposite? i don't know how to make that determination lol. i don't find most like straight comedy shows funny. probably because the expectation of comedy ruins it for me maybe. i like always sunny. i kinda like curb. 

My second question was worded very terrible lol. I was looking for what you find funny and you still answered it when I sucked as phrasing it lol. 

I only asked bc of SP is terrible to you, I expected the opposite of it as something you found funny and Curb is kinda that for me. It makes sense bc I absolutely love SP and think Curb is boring a dreadful. It's just what it people's flavor and what isn't. 

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Cannibal: The Musical is still the best thing Trey and Matt ever did

I used to think this way but man, Randy, Butters, PC Babies.... The list grows as the seasons proceed. 

Then you have Book of Mormon in their other works. Trey and Matt are just damn geniuses

• Like 1

I just rewatched like 4 episodes from season 23 last night. SP is still absolute gold. They hide so much meanginful, wide ranging social commentary right under the surface of the raunchiness. Its a masterpiece still. 

The episode where they address both trans women in sports and making school clubs coed, just brilliant.