Trent Brown to be traded to NE

oakdb36

18 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

This happens more than you think. You just want to highlight these ones to continue with your moping. 

Also, considering who these individuals are, I wouldn't take it personal if I were the Raiders.

Can you give me some other examples of guys that got $50M+ contracts from teams and then went out of their way to force themselves out of the building to go somewhere else for less money? Followed by publicly celebrating their departure? 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Can you give me some other examples of guys that got $50M+ contracts from teams and then went out of their way to force themselves out of the building to go somewhere else for less money? Followed by publicly celebrating their departure? 

Deshaun Watson.

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

we were 8-8 without Tyrell, AB and Trent. Guys who were supposed to come in and change the dynamic of not only the offense but the entire team. Tyrell got hurt, AB went nuts and Trent got rich and stopped trying. Sounds more like bad luck then it does dysfunction. Are the Steelers dysfunctional or a mess because AB and Leveon didnt want to play for them?

Agree all those guys were gambles and they didn't work out. We have freed up the cap space from all of them and lost one 3rd for AB. We now have a clean slate. If they all had huge dead $, that would be another story. But they don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Agree all those guys were gambles and they didn't work out. We have freed up the cap space from all of them and lost one 3rd for AB. We now have a clean slate. If they all had huge dead $, that would be another story. But they don't.

The clean slate is fine but we still don't really have a ton of cap space to work with and have major holes on the OL, need a WR unless we bring Nelly back, and have holes on all 3 levels of the defense. That's extremely concerning entering the 4th year of a major rebuild when we've had as much draft capital and cap space as any team in the league over the last 3 years. 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The clean slate is fine but we still don't really have a ton of cap space to work with and have major holes on the OL, need a WR unless we bring Nelly back, and have holes on all 3 levels of the defense. That's extremely concerning entering the 4th year of a major rebuild when we've had as much draft capital and cap space as any team in the league over the last 3 years. 

There are things that could and should have done better, but I'm optimistic heading into this year.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There are things that could and should have done better, but I'm optimistic heading into this year.

I was listening to a podcast that Waller made an appearance on and the host said we need to make the playoffs more than any other team in the league next season. We need to make a ton of good moves this offseason to take the next step and become a playoff team. But with how Gruden/Mayock have drafted and the free agents we've invested in I'm not that optimistic we'll be able to retool the roster enough to get to that point. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I was listening to a podcast that Waller made an appearance on and the host said we need to make the playoffs more than any other team in the league next season. We need to make a ton of good moves this offseason to take the next step and become a playoff team. But with how Gruden/Mayock have drafted and the free agents we've invested in I'm not that optimistic we'll be able to retool the roster enough to get to that point. 

The retool is 3-4 players on defense, and possibly 1-2 new OL (at most). Very doable in an offseason.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The retool is 3-4 players on defense, and possibly 1-2 new OL (at most). Very doable in an offseason.

We literally had the worst defense in the history of the franchise last season and lack talent at all 3 levels. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We literally had the worst defense in the history of the franchise last season and lack talent at all 3 levels. 

And it could easily be turned around with a few impact additions and some 2nd/3rd year growth from young players.

There was talent at all 3 levels, just glaring holes at DT, FS, rotational edge, and god awful scheme.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

And it could easily be turned around with a few impact additions and some 2nd/3rd year growth from young players.

There was talent at all 3 levels, just glaring holes at DT, FS, rotational edge, and god awful scheme.

That's what we thought last year and we declined. And we just hired a defensive coordinator who's system is entirely reliant on being able to get after the QB with a 4 man rush and we have almost nothing in terms of pass rush outside of Crosby. Not to mention we only have one average to above average DB on the roster in Mullen.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's what we thought last year and we declined. And we just hired a defensive coordinator who's system is entirely reliant on being able to get after the QB with a 4 man rush and we have almost nothing in terms of pass rush outside of Crosby. Not to mention we only have one average to above average DB on the roster in Mullen.

A defense with a few impact players and a lot of average (not below average, like Erik harris and Joyner in the slot) can make a big jump.

We need a few impact players though. It is very doable. Now if you want to question the FO's ability to do it, that's another story.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah before the cuts we all pretty unanimously agreed that if we add a FS + 3T plus depth we’d be okay on defense and on offense we really only need to replace TB at RT, assuming Good and Agholor are resigned.

I get it that people Are feeling uneasy.  I am Too.... so mucH on the line this year.  BUT.... we need to fill 2/3 of the FS+3T+RT holes Early in FA And then search for VALUE Deals.  That means not in first 3+ days .... much later.  Those deals take Time to shake out And come to fruition.... it won’t be  quick fix.... we need decent players to be on the market so long that they settle for a prove it deal. I expect to be complaining we still have spots To Fill And feeling impatient.  Hopefully in The end we can find Some value FA deals.

Also, I’m a huge proponent of trading down in The draft.  I’d love to come away with extra picks in rounds 2-4.

1) either a late 1st or top of round 2

2) LV#48, 2nd

3) LV#81, 3rd, 3rd

4) LV#122, 4th

5) MIA#163

6) WAS#203

7) CHI#248

and crush it with UDFAs

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We need a few impact players though. It is very doable. Now if you want to question the FO's ability to do it, that's another story.

Finding impact defensive players in free agency is hard because almost all of the top guys have already been tagged. And I'm not too confident in our front office's ability to identify talent in the draft. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He's still a member of the Houston Texans. 

Yes, but with how it's all gone down I really don't want him in our organization. Not a 'cancer' but too influential and we've got enough of that with Chucky being in control of EVERYTHING one way or another.