Trent Brown to be traded to NE

oakdb36

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Good teams typically don't spend big in free agency. They draft well and then use their cap space to resign their own players. 

Correct.  We haven't been good at drafting, so we try to fill holes in free agency.  When you don't hit on either, you end up where we are.  Constantly sifting through players hoping that somebody sticks.

Our only option is to keep trying.  We can complain about it all we want, but it doesn't change reality.  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, true2form said:

Correct.  We haven't been good at drafting, so we try to fill holes in free agency.  When you don't hit on either, you end up where we are.  Constantly sifting through players hoping that somebody sticks.

Our only option is to keep trying.  We can complain about it all we want, but it doesn't change reality.  

Sad but true. They have drafted terribly in the Gruden era. They have holes on all 3 levels of the defense despite spending 5 picks on both the Dline and secondary. Adding insult to injury they are taking desperate swings on guys like Nassib in FA to compensate for their bad drafts. 

2021 they are faced with rebuilding a defense from the ground up and now have major holes on the Oline.

I am worried about the Oline. Most say they had injuries and did fine, but they really struggled to get the run game going which is a staple of Gruden's offense. If they have any trouble protecting Carr, things will get ugly for them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Sad but true. They have drafted terribly in the Gruden era. They have holes on all 3 levels of the defense despite spending 5 picks on both the Dline and secondary. Adding insult to injury they are taking desperate swings on guys like Nassib in FA to compensate for their bad drafts. 

2021 they are faced with rebuilding a defense from the ground up and now have major holes on the Oline.

I am worried about the Oline. Most say they had injuries and did fine, but they really struggled to get the run game going which is a staple of Gruden's offense. If they have any trouble protecting Carr, things will get ugly for them. 

Weren't we down 3 starters most of the season?  I mean the different variations of OL we put together on the fly with some decent success was impressive.  I think Cable deserves all the credit in the world.  He was hired with a good OL already in place.  However, when the challenges arose Tom stepped up and I was one of his biggest detractors.  That said, we do have Simpson on the roster.  While an unknown quantity, he did step in last year in spot duty and showed he at least belonged.  

LT is locked.  LG is up in the air, I am going to pencil Richie in until we absolutely cannot.  C Locked.  RG Denzel Good RT hole.  

All in all I don't know that it is all that dire.  I firmly believe Rich will be back leaving essentially one hole to fill.  And RT is a hole that a mid round pick can fill.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Totty said:

Weren't we down 3 starters most of the season?  I mean the different variations of OL we put together on the fly with some decent success was impressive.  I think Cable deserves all the credit in the world.  He was hired with a good OL already in place.  However, when the challenges arose Tom stepped up and I was one of his biggest detractors.  That said, we do have Simpson on the roster.  While an unknown quantity, he did step in last year in spot duty and showed he at least belonged.  

LT is locked.  LG is up in the air, I am going to pencil Richie in until we absolutely cannot.  C Locked.  RG Denzel Good RT hole.  

All in all I don't know that it is all that dire.  I firmly believe Rich will be back leaving essentially one hole to fill.  And RT is a hole that a mid round pick can fill.  

Cable has been given more than what should be needed to have a good o-line.  Yu can say we had injuries but was he not the one that brought in Brown and Ritchie?  So the injuries/lack of motivation is on him for bringing in an old OG and a 400 lb RT that we paid $22.5 million to last year.  He decided to put players in position s they could not play and drafted poorly.  Miller and Good are the only bright spots because Hudson was Hudson before Cable got here.  We have had a top 3 paid O-line and we passed on defensive players to get his LT.  In my opinion Cable has shown nothing except for Miller.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

TB clearly didn't want to be here, this dude wasn't even wearing team apparel on the sidelines during games last year. And was publicly celebrating the trade, after taking a pay cut and going to a team that had a worse record than us last season. 

The crazy thing is everyone knew he wasn’t participating with the team or wearing team clothes etc etc .... and yet so many people didn’t believe he’s be traded/cut.... and not only that but those who thought he’d get cut/traded were stupid

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I thought Simpson looked better as he got more time too. If the coaching staff feels good about what they have in him then perfect, one less hole to worry about. Although it sounds like we still want to retain 2 G's.

Yeah to expect a rookie G not to struggle a bit early is crazy..... he wasn’t even trash initially and definitely got better with time.

2 hours ago, Totty said:

Why do people assume Good is gonna play RG?

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Ted droppin' truth bombs 

i mean, when players sign with a team, doesnt that mean they want to play for them? When guys take big money from a team, then b****** out(like both Browns did) its more of a reflection of the mans character/personality then it is against the team. Idk, if a team drops life changing money on me, im doing all i can to prove them right. 

we were 8-8 without Tyrell, AB and Trent. Guys who were supposed to come in and change the dynamic of not only the offense but the entire team. Tyrell got hurt, AB went nuts and Trent got rich and stopped trying. Sounds more like bad luck then it does dysfunction. Are the Steelers dysfunctional or a mess because AB and Leveon didnt want to play for them?

• Like 1