Trent Brown to be traded to NE

oakdb36

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea, F Trent Brown. Boo hoo nothing went right for me! I got paid tens of millions for getting fat and milking "injuries". I hope nothing but failure for him. 

Well the training staff did inject air into his blood stream so he does have some reason to be upset lol

Just now, big_palooka said:

Well the training staff did inject air into his blood stream so he does have some reason to be upset lol

That part surely sucks haha. But if the idiot didn't mess up the covid tracing stuff he wouldn't have even been in that situation iirc. 

Ah well, you already know he's going to play great and healthy next year for the Pats and likely con some other team into a big contract. 

Easy to hate on Trent. The bigger issue is 1) Gruden knew who he was, signed him any way. And 2) The Raiders are not a well run organization. This is not a winning place. The shock players must feel when coming from programs like NE has to be immense. 

Winning organizations are just different. If you value money, play for the Raiders, Jaguars, etc. You value legacy, NE, Pitt, KC, GB, etc. are better fits. 

No argument can be made. The culture of the Raiders has not been changed in decades. Just win baby and commitment to excellence are great sound bites, but this franchise hasn't embodied that mentality since the 80's.

Grunden 2: More Grudener has done nothing to change the losing perception of this franchise. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Also easy to sit here and give a grown man excuses. Both failed 

1000% - he's a turd. I fault the Raiders for knowing that and still deciding to sign him to the largest contract for a Rt ever anyway. 

Paying lazy, unmotivated players when you know they are lazy and unmotivated is bad business 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

1000% - he's a turd. I fault the Raiders for knowing that and still deciding to sign him to the largest contract for a Rt ever anyway. 

Paying lazy, unmotivated players when you know they are lazy and unmotivated is bad business 

Yeah, Brown had weight and injury problems in San Francisco which is why they traded him to New England for virtually nothing. The only dominant season where he was healthy the year was his 1 year with New England. 

But even at the time of the signing most speculated that he'd play LT because RT's never get contracts that big. Hell he literally made twice as much as the next highest paid RT in the league last season. Mitchell Schwartz had a $10M cap hit and he was an All-Pro for 4 straight seasons in Kansas City. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea, F Trent Brown. Boo hoo nothing went right for me! I got paid tens of millions for getting fat and milking "injuries". I hope nothing but failure for him. 

He made $4M in his first 4 seasons and made $37M in two years with us while only playing in 15/32 games. 

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Easy to hate on Trent. The bigger issue is 1) Gruden knew who he was, signed him any way. And 2) The Raiders are not a well run organization. This is not a winning place. The shock players must feel when coming from programs like NE has to be immense. 

I was chatting with my friend about this the other day. Like 90% of the guys that we've acquired under Gruden have stunk and the 10% that are actually good at football are/were crazy with checkered pasts. 

We lack leadership across the board but I'd primarily point to Jon Gruden and Derek Carr. You see the Tom Brady effect in Tampa Bay, those guys all played hard and stayed in line because they believed in Tom and wanted to win. I don't think guys in our locker room are that fond of Carr. 

Edited by NYRaider

The Raiders aren't out there saying it's Brown's fault though. They're saying he's the best RT in the league when he's right. On the other hand, Brown is blaming the "place of work" for everything. A place of work he didn't have access to during a pandemic. Instead of working on his own, he showed up to work totally out of shape. It's too easy to put the blame on the organization when you don't hold up your end of the bargain. He wasn't "feeling" it though.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2021 at 6:01 PM, big_palooka said:

True... but that happens often, they sign a waiver every injection apparently (according to Tyrod Taylor).  it happened to Taylor too and he took it in stride and didn’t act like TB did despite him actually losing his starting job and millions of dollars potentially (he ended up not losing any money and got a nice fat Backup deal but at the time it was likely he would).

Brown being out of shape and also his large body even when “in shape” probably had something to do with the missed injection.  Im Not a doctor obviously but anyone can see that being that fat AND muscular makes an intravenous Injection significantly more difficult then the average in shape adult.  Obviously the doctor shouldn’t have gotten air into his vein, but it happened.... but TB’s displeasure with the team started last year.... and this was just one reason TB used to justify him quitting.  The guys a professional victim.  

This is as an Isolated issue from the medical staff.  This isn’t the Browns medical staff back in roughly 07-10 who had rampant staph infection outbreaks amongst players who had surgery.  That was a pattern of neglect.  

But the real thing is we don’t want a professional victim mindset, especially at OL.  Give me a guy like Incognito every day over a Guy like TB who finds ways to play the victim.

i think it’s also worth noting that when TB Came Here he went on and on about his best friend Nieron Ball and how he came to this team to honor his lost friend.  It was actually a touching subject matter.  But the guy literally gives up on the team before the first season Ended.   It doesn’t take much for TB to become Upset and unmotivated.