Trent Brown to be traded to NE

oakdb36

37 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Thank you..... apparently I’m not the ostrich @big_palookawants To portray.

simple common sense and a property functioning chromosome 21 will tell you that the meager trade compensation didn’t swing is to move TB.  The Team debated trying to get him to take less money (which prolly could be regained through game day bonuses- but hit cap purposed are “unlikely to obtain”) AND then go into TC having to earn his contract or get cut.

but TB didn’t want to be here... which @BayRaiderand I called months ago (and got heavy criticism for- guess we were right).... and he wasn’t ever going to take less to stay here.

so quickly the decision to trade or release him was made.  If we couldn’t get anything for him he’d have been cut.  Doesn’t take a team Of Elon Musk’s Space X scientists to figure that out.  A next year late round pick swap doesn’t MOVE your decision.

Yeah, your reasoning was logical.

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Yeah, your reasoning was logical.

I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, but definitely not the dullest. lol.

you always have to question beat writers.... they get feed stories on purpose.  These guys are NOT old school investigative reporters who develop and work a source.  There level of reporting is ridiculous quite often.  They’ve become an extension of the organizations PR department.  If you want the occasional real story you need to push the agenda the team sets.  It’s a symbiotic relationship.

So when all common sense goes against what is being reported you have to question the narrative.   These reporters don’t do their job and question the narrative, they just run with it.  There’s always a story within the story, that just needs to be flushed out.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Here you go the Raiders felt that Trent quit on the team and he was never coming back.

https://www.raidersbeat.com

Which was made clear by his cryptic social media posts including saying "the only name that matters is the one on the back of the jersey" and liking a tweet that said "hopefully his next team doesn't almost kill him with an air bubble into his vein." 

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

You can call it putting my hand in the sand..... that’s fine.. we clearly disagree.... 

I’m sure the reporters who are carrying the “company line” were told that.... or told to say that.

Im absolutely 100% sure the team Went back and forth and back and forth In their decision to try and restructure him and get him into camp with 0 guarantees and make him prove himself or release him and really really wanted to keep him if he’d take less and prove himself..... 

but it’s illogical to believe such little compensation pulled us away from that planned path.  At some point in that process TB refused to restructure or something and we decided to move on: if we got a ‘22 day 2 Pick swap or not.

So you're calling it "fake news" then, got it

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

but TB didn’t want to be here... which @BayRaiderand I called months ago (and got heavy criticism for- guess we were right).... and he wasn’t ever going to take less to stay here.

TB clearly didn't want to be here, this dude wasn't even wearing team apparel on the sidelines during games last year. And was publicly celebrating the trade, after taking a pay cut and going to a team that had a worse record than us last season. 

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If you want to put your head in the sand, that's fine. People on both sides (Raiders/Pats) obviously have more insight into the actual story.

A recap of the stories for non Athletic subscribers: 

• The Raiders were upset with Brown because he ballooned up to 400 pounds last season. 

• They weren't thrilled with the idea of paying him $14M next season due to the weight/injury concerns. 

• Trent wasn't going to take a pay cut here and we were prepared for a standoff during training camp before the Patriots swooped in with an offer. 

5 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't have access to the article you posted so i don't know what it's saying.

Brown has said on social media that he is thrilled with the trade, after it was clear he was getting frustrated with the Raiders. And it would have gotten worse if a trade partner had not been found. The Raiders were not planning to cut him — they have seen the workout posts as well — but rather to hold on to him until he restructured, league sources said.

Basically that they didn't plan to cut him, rather go to camp with him on roster while trying to restructure. The trade call from NE made them change course. He's basically saying the same thing in that twitter quote.... they got an offer and moved on vs. letting it get ugly

• Like 1

Thank you..... apparently I’m not the ostrich @big_palookawants To portray.

simple common sense and a property functioning chromosome 21 will tell you that the meager trade compensation didn’t swing is to move TB.  The Team debated trying to get him to take less money (which prolly could be regained through game day bonuses- but hit cap purposed are “unlikely to obtain”) AND then go into TC having to earn his contract or get cut.

so quickly the decision to trade or release him was made.  If we couldn’t get anything for him he’d have been cut.  Doesn’t take a team Of Elon Musk’s Space X scientists to figure that out.  A next year late round pick swap doesn’t MOVE your decision.

They said they were not going to cut him. It's in the article as well as several other "fake news" articles.

The trade proposal very much made their decision. Do it now or let it get ugly. 

As I said before this draft is very deep at OL.... @big_palookabelieves I’m wrong.... but simply looking at your post shows that rounds 1-4 will have a lot of different OL to choose from.

I think we have to double up at RT and G in rounds 2 and 4.  We can trade down in round 1 and pick up extra picks so we have the picks to draft defense too.

I see you've been triggered again. There was zero reason to bring me into this conversation and are stretching truths. 

I posted Daniel Jeremiah's take on the subject as a counterpoint. I think it's deep in the first 3 rounds to land the talent you need.

While I'm hear, using 2 picks on the Oline when the defense is a talentless void would be misguided. See what you have in the young guys you drafted first. OT in round 2-3 is fine with me.

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Basically that they didn't plan to cut him, rather go to camp with him on roster while trying to restructure. The trade call from NE made them change course. He's basically saying the same thing in that twitter quote.... they got an offer and moved on vs. letting it get ugly

Had to let the two best players we've acquired during the Mayock era to stop it from getting ugly at training camp. Dude seems to be an awesome judge of character.

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So they were ready to play hardball and got what they were looking for. Probably can expect the same with Mariota. It's even easier with him now since they can sign players without a need for the cap space he would afford them.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Had to let the two best players we've acquired during the Mayock era to stop it from getting ugly at training camp. Dude seems to be an awesome judge of character.

Get ready for it to happen again because that's how the league is trending. A lot of players have the same mercenary mindset.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

They said they were not going to cut him. It's in the article as well as several other "fake news" articles.

The trade proposal very much made their decision. Do it now or let it get ugly. 

Is it possible that maybe no team was offering to trade for him?
The Raiders said they were not going to cut him. . . they did not. 
The raiders said they were willing to hold onto him during training camp . . . maybe BB thought you know what, some team is going to get an injury at their Oline, and offer these guys something for Brown. Lets just do a 5th and get him. 

yes a 5th for Brown and a 7th sucks, but, I wanted to cut the guy, so ill take it. 

• Like 1