Trent Brown to be traded to NE

oakdb36

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's not even about the fact he didn't play, us trading him is just highlighting how poorly Gruden/Mayock have built the roster. Mark Davis committed almost a quarter billion dollars to Jon Gruden, Trent Brown, and Antonio Brown. 

Both Brown's acted like clowns here. AB played us, and even cost himself 30 million GTD, Trent got rich and returned to his lazy ways. We gambled on two high level players and it didnt work out. Should we just stick with Trent and his drama? We were a terrible roster that needed a severe injection of talent and we took our shot? I aint mad. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's not even about the fact he didn't play, us trading him is just highlighting how poorly Gruden/Mayock have built the roster. Mark Davis committed almost a quarter billion dollars to Jon Gruden, Trent Brown, and Antonio Brown. 

even if we count Gruden as fully guaranteed, (which it may have been, I dont know). 
We gave T brown 36 mil guaranteed 
We gave A brown 30 mil guaranteed. 

166Mil, is a lot, but still pretty far from a quarter billion. Especially considering Gruden makes up more than 60% of that number, and doesnt factor into the cap. 

Just now, Geezy said:

Both Brown's acted like clowns here. AB played us, and even cost himself 30 million GTD, Trent got rich and returned to his lazy ways. We gambled on two high level players and it didnt work out. Should we just stick with Trent and his drama? We were a terrible roster that needed a severe injection of talent and we took our shot? I aint mad. 

Mayock has preached about the need for high character guys in the building to set the foundation and become a winning team, yet invested in AB, Trent, and Lynn Bowden. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC Kolton Miller is up for an extension soon too. I wouldn't invest a 1st into a RT, I'd prefer to sign a veteran guy or take someone in round 3-4. During our better years previously we had Khalif Barnes and Austin Howard at RT. 

I don't think starting a rookie 3rd/4th round pick at tackle is a good idea in the AFC West, unless you're committed to giving them a decent amount of help, or letting them get destroyed on an island.

Just now, BackinBlack said:

even if we count Gruden as fully guaranteed, (which it may have been, I dont know). 
We gave T brown 36 mil guaranteed 
We gave A brown 30 mil guaranteed. 

166Mil, is a lot, but still pretty far from a quarter billion. Especially considering Gruden makes up more than 60% of that number, and doesnt factor into the cap. 

also, AB didnt get that, right?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Mayock has preached about the need for high character guys in the building to set the foundation and become a winning team, yet invested in AB, Trent, and Lynn Bowden. 

again, high level players minus Bowden. You have to take your hacks when youve been bad 20 years. Also, im happy were moving on from players with bad attitudes. Hard to preach high character when your top paid players are your worse offenders. Rather get rid of them and let the rest of the locker know that behavior is not going to be acceptable, rather than keep them and let them ruin the culture theyre trying to build. 

Edited by Geezy

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think starting a rookie 3rd/4th round pick at tackle is a good idea in the AFC West, unless you're committed to giving them a decent amount of help, or letting them get destroyed on an island.

Then go after a veteran like Daryl Williams, Kelvin Beachum, Alejandro Villanueva, or Cam Robinson. When we signed Trent Brown everyone was saying he would play LT because there's no way the team would pay a RT that much. We started Good, Young, and Parker at RT last season and Carr was only sacked 26 times. 

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He had only earned like $6M in his entire career before he got here. 

I think you missed my point entirely. He tried in 2019 because the second half of his guarantees kicked in the first game of 2020. He wanted to make sure he got all the guaranteed money, hence he played and tried in 2019. Once Brown acquires all the guaranteed money in a contract, his work ethic becomes Albert Haynesworth and avoids any games he can. And will not care about weight. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

again, high level players minus Bowden. You have to take your hacks when youve been bad 20 years. Also, im happy were moving on from players with bad attitudes. Hard to preach high character when your top paid players are your worse offenders. Rather get rid of them and let the rest of the locker know that behavior is not going to be acceptable, rather than keep them and let them ruin the culture theyre trying to build. 

But we've passed on more talented players in the draft for guys that are deemed "high character, foundation pieces." So in free agency it's okay to go after good players with horrible attitudes but in the draft we want less talented players who have better attitudes? Makes zero sense. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Then go after a veteran like Daryl Williams, Kelvin Beachum, Alejandro Villanueva, or Cam Robinson. When we signed Trent Brown everyone was saying he would play LT because there's no way the team would pay a RT that much. We started Good, Young, and Parker at RT last season and Carr was only sacked 26 times. 

Also true. We should try to get a vet on a budget. And resign Incognito/Good (at least one of the two).

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Also true. We should try to get a vet on a budget. And resign Incognito/Good (at least one of the two).

A veteran stop gap guy like Villanueva or Beachum and a mid-round rookie would be a smart strategy. Ideally we bring Incognito and Good back as well. 

Edited by NYRaider

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's what it boils down to. I don't think either acquisition was a bad move at the time.

AB was already having issues in Pittsburgh which is why they traded an All-Pro WR for two mid round picks. And Brown had injury and weight issues in San Francisco which is why they moved on from him.