Trent Brown to be traded to NE

oakdb36

Just now, NYRaider said:

Just sucks because things were looking up. We hired Gruden to a $100M contract, hired Mayock to be the GM, got the new $2B stadium and had more draft capital and cap space than any team in the league and completely dropped the ball. 

At least Vegas and that sexy stadium is done and never going anywhere. We thankfully didn't screw that up!

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

KC also drafted Mahomes, Hill, Hardman, Kelce, Fisher, Jones, the list goes on. 

hmm so draft heavy on O and build D through FA? jk lol. Obviously KCs drafts have been great since Reid joined. 

I think you need to draft well, and use FA to fill roles. 

Unfortunately weve done neither lol

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

hmm so draft heavy on O and build D through FA? jk lol. Obviously KCs drafts have been great since Reid joined. 

I think you need to draft well, and use FA to fill roles. 

Unfortunately weve done neither lol

They hired a good coach, drafted a good quarterback and things turned around. 

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

At least Vegas and that sexy stadium is done and never going anywhere. We thankfully didn't screw that up!

Interested to see how the atmosphere is at the stadium whenever they do allow fans. The city will definitely support the team but the tickets are going to be extremely expensive. Vegas also has cheap flights to and from every other major city in America, which might cost us some of our home field advantage. Because I'd bet a lot of fans from other teams will plan for a weekend in Vegas capped off by seeing their team play the Raiders on Sunday. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Bill playing chess.... Trent goes back to NE, becomes a pro bowl LT. Hits FA in 2021, signs a big contract and Pats get a 3rd round compensatory pick. 

Meanwhile, Raiders will get cap space and have a hole on the right side. Why do good player hate being with the Raiders? 

Not just the Raiders. Brown was extremely lazy, same horrible work ethic, and constantly overweight on the 49ers. Ask anyone in their subforum. They all hate the guy. Bellichick is probably the only person on the planet who can get anything out of Brown. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Not just the Raiders. Brown was extremely lazy, same horrible work ethic, and constantly overweight on the 49ers. Ask anyone in their subforum. They all hate the guy. Bellichick is probably the only person on the planet who can get anything out of Brown. 

Trent was a beast for us in 2019. Hard to hold players accountable when there's no leadership or accountability at the top which starts with Davis, Mayock, Gruden, and Carr. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Trent was a beast for us in 2019. Hard to hold players accountable when there's no leadership or accountability at the top which starts with Davis, Mayock, Gruden, and Carr. 

Yes because the second half of his guarantees kicked in the start of 2020 if I’m remembering correctly how his contract was structured. Trent Brown will always be about the money. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes because the second half of his guarantees kicked in the start of 2020 if I’m remembering correctly how his contract was structured. Trent Brown will always be about the money. 

He had only earned like $6M in his entire career before he got here. 

Just now, Geezy said:

guy played 5 games last year and everyone is acting like their dog died. I was one of the guys who actually wanted to keep him and im excited for the added cap space. Guys in here just like to b****

It's not even about the fact he didn't play, us trading him is just highlighting how poorly Gruden/Mayock have built the roster. Mark Davis committed almost a quarter billion dollars to Jon Gruden, Trent Brown, and Antonio Brown. 

I was in the middle here. He has great talent, but that's also contingent on health and desire. Bummed we couldn't get more from him, but we can use the cap savings to sign a free agent safety with a lot of talent. OT is also a huge strength of the class so if we can get some nasty defensive vets, I'm not opposed to taking a 1st round tackle and going defense the rest of the way through.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I was in the middle here. He has great talent, but that's also contingent on health and desire. Bummed we couldn't get more from him, but we can use the cap savings to sign a free agent safety with a lot of talent. OT is also a huge strength of the class so if we can get some nasty defensive vets, I'm not opposed to taking a 1st round tackle and going defense the rest of the way through.

IIRC Kolton Miller is up for an extension soon too. I wouldn't invest a 1st into a RT, I'd prefer to sign a veteran guy or take someone in round 3-4. During our better years previously we had Khalif Barnes and Austin Howard at RT.