Trent Brown to be traded to NE

oakdb36

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Bears have made the playoffs 2/3 years with him despite having pedestrian QB play. And are reportedly going all in to acquire Russell Wilson. 

The Bears were an 8-8 team because of their QB holding them back. The Raiders were an 8-8 team because of their QB pushing them up. Weird to think about 

Just now, big_palooka said:

The Bears were an 8-8 team because of their QB holding them back. The Raiders were an 8-8 team because of their QB pushing them up. Weird to think about 

But the Bears reportedly being all-in on Wilson proves two things that you've said on this board over and over: 1.) the salary cap is a myth and teams can always find a way to keep guys they actually want and 2.) draft capital is extremely overvalued. The Rams haven't had a 1st round pick since 2016 and are a Super Bowl favorite in 2021. And if the Bears acquire Wilson they'll be paying him and Mack, will have given up 5+ 1st round picks, and will likely be a Super Bowl contender in 2021. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

But the Bears reportedly being all-in on Wilson proves two things that you've said on this board over and over

It proves nothing because it hasn't happened yet. Do you know the ramifications such a move would have? No, of course you don't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

It proves nothing because it hasn't happened yet. Do you know the ramifications such a move would have? No, of course you don't.

I was speaking in hypotheticals but we've seen the teams that aren't afraid to make big moves being the ones that actually win. 

22 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I would have kept Trent on that restructure and drafted a day 2/early day 3 tackle to develop behind him. I suspect the Raiders will re-sign Good and a replacement level player like Cam Robinson as insurance. I would still like to see a guy like Darrisaw or Cosmi in the first.

But you can’t assume TB would have restructured with us. He made it painfully clear he didn’t want to be here and work hard.  He only took less money to go back to NE.  It’s incredibly likely he would not take anything less than his original contract to stay.  He basically forced his way out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

But you can’t assume TB would have restructured with us. He made it painfully clear he didn’t want to be here and work hard.  He only took less money to go back to NE.  It’s incredibly likely he would not take anything less than his original contract to stay.  He basically forced his way out.

14 to 11 doesn't make enough of a difference for us. The Pats have a lot of cap room.

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Agreed. He showed up at training camp extremely overweight last year, never wore team gear, and was clearly pissed about the botched IV situation which he made very clear with his cryptic social media posts. 

BB let Trent walk and traded away Jimmy G just to acquire them both back for pennies on the dollar and start another dynasty, GOAT moves. 

Tbh this move doesn't bother me as much as the Gabe Jackson move. At least Jackson was a consistent anchor for the OL. But either way, I don't look at it like we're losing 3/5 OL. Because when in the last two years have we even played with our full OLine? (Legit question, I'm curious how many games all 5 starters played through), seems every week we've started a max of 3 starters and 2 backups. 

7 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Tbh this move doesn't bother me as much as the Gabe Jackson move. At least Jackson was a consistent anchor for the OL. But either way, I don't look at it like we're losing 3/5 OL. Because when I'm the last two years have we even played with our full OLine? (Legit question, I'm curious how many games all 5 starters played through), seems every week we've started a max of 3 starters and 2 backups. 

Yeah Tom Cable did a pretty good job of moving guys around and getting the most out of the bodies he had available. There's only one man that can save the OL now. 

1171345431-850x560.jpeg

23 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

14 to 11 doesn't make enough of a difference for us. The Pats have a lot of cap room.

$3M would've made a difference with the cap going down. Which is why we're reportedly going to cut Carl Nassib and eat $5.75M in dead cap to free up $3.7M. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

$3M would've made a difference with the cap going down. Which is why we're reportedly going to cut Carl Nassib and eat $5.75M in dead cap to free up $3.7M. 

No, It doesn't make enough of a difference to take the risk he doesn't contribute. The Pats have enough cap room to do whatever they want this offseason and we don't.

45 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

More than anything it was the coaching with the Bears. The bears had a strange season. They weren't necessary held back by poor QB play but also their defensive wasnt as lights out as most people expect they were. They won several games vs weak opponents and also escaped a lot of games where they scored a cluster of points late in games. 

Edited by bucksavage1