Trent Brown to be traded to NE

oakdb36

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Bill playing chess.... Trent goes back to NE, becomes a pro bowl LT. Hits FA in 2021, signs a big contract and Pats get a 3rd round compensatory pick. 

Meanwhile, Raiders will get cap space and have a hole on the right side. Why do good player hate being with the Raiders? 

Lack of leadership throughout the organisation 

• Like 2

sucks that Trent Brown never seemed to care, just in it for the money. one of the biggest disappointments, at least Kolton Miller stepped up as the LT for the franchise. Raiders really cleaned house on the offensive line, should have 26m in cap space. 3m before the recent moves of Joynes 9m and Trent Brown 14m = 26m. 5th meh I guess, 3rd/4th would have been nice

Edited by Humble_Beast

*website didn't include Richie 5.2 m cap relief,  Sportstrac has raiders at 36.8m.

• MM should be next - 10.7m
  • Carl Nassib- could save 4m by cutting him
  • Jalen Richard - could be cut and save 3.5m. He didn't play much last year, would rather use that money on defense or OL

could save another 18m, that's one big fish or two solid starters. I would keep Jeff Heath unless we can add more talented S to the unit, and for cheap. He's fine as a 3rd safety that can play either safety spot. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

55 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Bill playing chess.... Trent goes back to NE, becomes a pro bowl LT. Hits FA in 2021, signs a big contract and Pats get a 3rd round compensatory pick. 

Meanwhile, Raiders will get cap space and have a hole on the right side. Why do good player hate being with the Raiders? 

The Patriots will probably end up bringing Jimmy G back as well. 

Mayock is looking extremely questionable at this point. Since he took over he has preached about building the team around high character guys that love football. Then made a move for Antonio Brown who was a psycho, signed TB to that huge deal and he didn't even want to play here, drafted Lynn Bowden Jr in the third, etc. And that's not even mentioning how he essentially wasted 5 first round picks over a two year span. 

1 minute ago, Blazer026 said:

I get the move, but I’m curious to see how FA plays out. Replacing 3/5 OL starters now 

Incognito should be back, so that's two.  

Plus we have Simpson... That's one.

I think we can keep the same level of play or close using less money.  I believe that to be the end game.  

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Patriots will probably end up bringing Jimmy G back as well. 

Mayock is looking extremely questionable at this point. Since he took over he has preached about building the team around high character guys that love football. Then made a move for Antonio Brown who was a psycho, signed TB to that huge deal and he didn't even want to play here, drafted Lynn Bowden Jr in the third, etc. And that's not even mentioning how he essentially wasted 5 first round picks over a two year span. 

Gruden is 100% in control 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Having to acquire starting level players at 3 OL spots, potentially WR, 3-4 starting level DL, a starting level FS, and another starting level LB looks like a rebuild. 

Incognito, Brown and Williams all missed large portions of the season where the Raiders went 8-8. Even if the Raiders add guys to two or three of those spots they’ll be in good shape. A rebuild to me means you strip things down to the studs which the Raiders have done twice since 2011. 

• Like 1