Trent Brown to be traded to NE

oakdb36

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

At this point I'm convinced Gruden came back to destroy the franchise to get revenge on Al for trading him to Tampa. 

Gruden wants to win. Unfortunately, Mark Davis gave him complete autonomy over the team and he's not a good GM. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Incognito, Brown and Williams all missed large portions of the season where the Raiders went 8-8. Even if the Raiders add guys to two or three of those spots they’ll be in good shape. A rebuild to me means you strip things down to the studs which the Raiders have done twice since 2011. 

We're heading into year 4 of the Gruden rebuild and have major holes on both sides of the ball and very little young, legit talent. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Incognito, Brown and Williams all missed large portions of the season where the Raiders went 8-8. Even if the Raiders add guys to two or three of those spots they’ll be in good shape. A rebuild to me means you strip things down to the studs which the Raiders have done twice since 2011. 

The run game collapsed down the stretch. The offense couldn't finish games and couldn't score in a red zone as result. To say they are in good shape is optimistic. If the plan is Simpson (green) and Richie (injury risk) with a new RT, things could get ugly. And we all know how Carr can get when not protected. 

As to the rebuild... you're right. Problem is, they tore it down to the studs and have yet to find any sort of foundation. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Gruden wants to win. Unfortunately, Mark Davis gave him complete autonomy over the team and he's not a good GM. 

He's not a great head coach either if we're being honest. In the 9 seasons following his one Super Bowl victory almost 2 decades ago he's 64-80 (44%) with two playoff appearances and 0 playoff wins. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

As to the rebuild... you're right. Problem is, they tore it down to the studs and have yet to find any sort of foundation. 

Which is sad because we've had as much draft capital and cap space as any team in the league and have just missed on almost every player we've brought in. We've even emphasized bringing in less talented guys because of their "leadership" qualities and still have issues in the locker room. 

I would have kept Trent on that restructure and drafted a day 2/early day 3 tackle to develop behind him. I suspect the Raiders will re-sign Good and a replacement level player like Cam Robinson as insurance. I would still like to see a guy like Darrisaw or Cosmi in the first.

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I would have kept Trent on that restructure and drafted a day 2/early day 3 tackle to develop behind him. I suspect the Raiders will re-sign Good and a replacement level player like Cam Robinson as insurance. I would still like to see a guy like Darrisaw or Cosmi in the first.

Daryl Williams would be a nice free agent replacement for Brown. The free OT market is pretty dry this year. 

ETA: Trent Brown clearly did not want to be here. He showed up to training camp extremely over weight after getting that massive deal. During the season he was on the sideline wearing TB77 gear instead of team gear. And he obviously was pissed at the team for injecting air into his blood stream and almost killing him. As evident by his IG post saying the only name that matters is the one on the back and him liking a tweet that said "hopefully his next team doesn't almost kill him." 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Daryl Williams would be a nice free agent replacement for Brown. The free OT market is pretty dry this year. 

He's going to cost as much as Brown did, and I doubt Mayock will go to the free agent well again for a big-ticket starter at the position. I think it's best to leverage a position of strength in the draft.

Just now, Rich7sena said:

He's going to cost as much as Brown did, and I doubt Mayock will go to the free agent well again for a big-ticket starter at the position. I think it's best to leverage a position of strength in the draft.

I highly doubt that Daryl Williams is going to be the highest paid OT in the league. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Remember when Mack was too expensive and they needed money to rebuild the roster. Good times. Lost an all pro pass rusher and the money saved amounted to literally nothing. Tyrell, Joyner, Trent .... all off the roster 2 years later. 

The Bears have made the playoffs 2/3 years with him despite having pedestrian QB play. And are reportedly going all in to acquire Russell Wilson.