Free Agency

Johnny Nix

49 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Bengals are finishing up a 1 year deal with Spain, and have also signed Eli Apple.  Good for depth, since Apple will only be CB 4 or 5, and Spain is at least a serviceable starter, or a good backup.

Good depth moves.  I wonder if Geno, if healthy, might return if he has no big market with the other 31 teams, or does he dislike Lou enough to just sit out.

Looking over our roster, we really need to sign a WR for depth, even if we draft Chase.  Also really need another edge, guard, and tackle, but I expect 2 of those 3 to be Day 1 or Day 2 draft picks.  Our current top 4 WR

Tyler Boyd
Tee Higgins
Auden Tate
Mike Thomas

I expect we'll sign a couple more depth pieces.  Safety and LB can use another body each.

53 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Looking over our roster, we really need to sign a WR for depth, even if we draft Chase.  Also really need another edge, guard, and tackle, but I expect 2 of those 3 to be Day 1 or Day 2 draft picks.  Our current top 4 WR

Tyler Boyd
Tee Higgins
Auden Tate
Mike Thomas

I expect we'll sign a couple more depth pieces.  Safety and LB can use another body each.

Depending on how the draft falls, i wouldn't be shocked to see two WRs by the fifth.

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Good depth moves.  I wonder if Geno, if healthy, might return if he has no big market with the other 31 teams, or does he dislike Lou enough to just sit out.

Spain will likely start. But yeah, apple is a depth move. 

23 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Hobson said he expects Spain and Sua-Filo to be the starting guards

Hobson isn't really the speculate on other signings or draft picks kind of guy, so that doesn't surprise me.  He'll always be the sun is always shining opinion on whoever the Bengals have already.

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Hobson isn't really the speculate on other signings or draft picks kind of guy, so that doesn't surprise me.  He'll always be the sun is always shining opinion on whoever the Bengals have already.

He's also right a lot...even though we don't want him to be 

Just now, theJ said:

He's also right a lot...even though we don't want him to be 

My point was, he's never going to come out and say, "The Bengals desperately need a RG."

Odds are, RG gets solved by drafting Sewell and Reiff goes to RG, or draft someone like Wyatt Davis or Alex Leatherwood at 38 to play RG.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Just saw that. Welp. They gonna be bad on the line again. 

Only for now.  When they take an OT in the first, they are  playing somewhere, which probably bumps XSF to the bench.  That said, the pair did reasonably well the last 4-5 games this past season as a combo

4 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Only for now.  When they take an OT in the first, they are  playing somewhere, which probably bumps XSF to the bench.  That said, the pair did reasonably well the last 4-5 games this past season as a combo

Yup, something like:

LT: The Jonah
LG: Spain
OC: Hopkins/Price
RG: Reiff
RT: Sewell

or 

LT: The Jonah
LG: Spain/XSF
OC: Hopkins/Price
RG: Leatherwood
RT: Reiff