Free Agency

Johnny Nix

Zeitler has signed with the Ravens for about 8 mil per on a 3 year deal. But Mike Brown and Duke Tobin got good nights sleep the last few days.

Also Marcus Cannon was traded by the Patriots (after they re-acquired Trent Brown) to the Texans. 

Surprised Zeitler signed so quickly and for just under $8 million a year.  He probably left $5-$6 million on the table, I could have easily seen him get 3 years $30 million.  My best guess is he's chasing a ring and liked the fit with Baltimore.

Bengals are reported to be pursuing Trey Hendrickson, recently of the Saints. That's being taken as a sign he's a replacement for Lawson rather than a reinforcement. 

So far, no signs the team is improved. I'll guess the team makes an offer to Warford or Trai Turner, some RT, and a CB who isn't as good as WJ3. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals are reported to be pursuing Trey Hendrickson, recently of the Saints. That's being taken as a sign he's a replacement for Lawson rather than a reinforcement. 

So far, no signs the team is improved. I'll guess the team makes an offer to Warford or Trai Turner, some RT, and a CB who isn't as good as WJ3. 

Sign both of them (Lawson and hendrickson).  Then keep Jackson and Alexander. Sign a guard and a WR (Reynolds). Draft a bunch of o-linemen

Lawson got 3/45 from the Jets so they're both making 15 mil per season. Hendrickson had more sacks than Lawson last year so maybe he's an upgrade. Or maybe not. Bengals probably think they've made a big move in free agency by replacing like for like.