Free Agency

Johnny Nix

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I agree that's what they are doing but it's pretty stupid. PFF made the argument at length for signing vets for the O-line over drafting Sewell but I'd just note that protecting Burrow should be the greatest priority of the offseason and counting on rookies to do that is just dumb.

They can still go after the second tier OGs.  Would I have preferred Thuney?  Sure.  But the draft is deep at OT, and that's the route they are going.  And it won't stop them from grabbing a starting guard

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

That's incorrect nonsense.

Trae Waynes was a below average CB his final season in Minnesota. Feel free to explain why he was worth 14 mil per year on average or 16 mil for 2021. DJ Reader was an above average run stopper in Houston but also not worth 13 mil per year. Did the Bengals have a high level run defense last season when he was on the field? No, they didn't. Will they have a high level of coverage this coming year with Waynes? Probably not. Hilton is above average as a slot corner but Waynes and Owuzie aren't.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Trent Williams gets 6 years, $138 million.  $23 mil/year average, and at 32 years old.  That's what the top of the tackle market looks like.

He won't see all of that money but a 23 mil average for him is a good deal for the 49ers. If Ronnie Stanley had stayed healthy and hit free agency, he'd get a similar amount but no other tackle on the market will approach 20 mil. Taylor Moton may get 15 mil per year on a long term deal with a low hit for 2021. Then it's scraps. Daryl Williams got less than 10. Havenstein has cap hits of 8.3 and 8.8 mil next 2 seasons. Ramczyk is currently at 11 mil on his 5th year option.