Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

16 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

But it was a choice they made. Its actually funny that you include heart attack/stroke in your list as you can drastically decrease your risks for those if you live a healthy lifestyle.

While I'm here - do you really think heart attacks/cardiac arrest is ONLY because one doesn't have a healthy lifestyle? There aren't congenital heart defects that people have at birth that can lead to these things? It's only pizza and beer?

Holy moly - it's hard to believe out of seven million sperm, YOU were the fastest.

I'm done.

• Like 5

Just now, ET80 said:

I think you vastly overestimate how much planning is involved in getting everyone in lockstep - from vendors to suppliers to 3rd party providers to your actual staff. If you think a single zoom meeting and follow up email can turn a tanker, it tells me you don't have the responsibilities in your vocation to understand how to coordinate a cross organizational, cross functional staff of 500+ to pivot.

What you're describing doesn't happen. Period.

Because the person who is unvaccinated is choosing to put others at risk by not getting the vaccine, getting sick and creating variants. They could have avoided it, they didn't.

Is the obese creating a harmful environment for anyone other than themselves?

I feel as if we've been over this - you're either being willfully obtuse or you legit don't remember (give  how you interpreted the bear story, I legit don't know).

Nonetheless, I feel snarkiness coming down the pipeline. So, good day.

Ill try and make this clearer.... whether i agree or disagree, i let all unvaccinated dont get the good medicine/equipment stuff go. So in this make believe world, that stuff is in good inventory and on site. I stood firm on the doctors and nurses treating unvacccinated until the day that vaccinated people need care. Even typing this is silly as it would be laughed at in the real world... But i digress. So plan is in place, equipment is there. you dont need suppliers or vendors (although theyre kind of the same thing) at the immediate moment because you already have built up inventory on site, but i do appreciate you trying to complicating it. The fact that you think if your boss calls a meeting, and tells their staff this plan we've worked on is now going into effect, and expecting it to be executed is unrealistic tells me youve worked with some really crappy bosses and co workers.  

yes, the obese is creating a harmful environment because they made a choice to east that pizza/pasta. That led them to needing a hospital/doctor care that is in such short supply in your own scenario, that it could have gone to someone who had completely no control over their situation. The person who had no control is suffering because someone else made a choice that led to needing care. Same with the person who smoked, hes taking attention away from someone else. I mean, lets even look at this down the road post pandemic. Who wants to live in the world where a heart attack patient goes to the hospital, and they say ""sorry we're really busy today. we want to make sure our patients can have the upmost attentiveness from our staff and were just about at our limit. Youre obese and contributed to your own condition, so were gonna have to turn you away. Sorry though." Yuck.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Ill try and make this clearer.... whether i agree or disagree, i let all unvaccinated dont get the good medicine/equipment stuff go. So in this make believe world, that stuff is in good inventory and on site. I stood firm on the doctors and nurses treating unvacccinated until the day that vaccinated people need care. Even typing this is silly as it would be laughed at in the real world... But i digress. So plan is in place, equipment is there. you dont need suppliers or vendors (although theyre kind of the same thing) at the immediate moment because you already have built up inventory on site, but i do appreciate you trying to complicating it. The fact that you think if your boss calls a meeting, and tells their staff this plan we've worked on is now going into effect, and expecting it to be executed is unrealistic tells me youve worked with some really crappy bosses and co workers.  

yes, the obese is creating a harmful environment because they made a choice to east that pizza/pasta. That led them to needing a hospital/doctor care that is in such short supply in your own scenario, that it could have gone to someone who had completely no control over their situation. The person who had no control is suffering because someone else made a choice that led to needing care. Same with the person who smoked, hes taking attention away from someone else. I mean, lets even look at this down the road post pandemic. Who wants to live in the world where a heart attack patient goes to the hospital, and they say ""sorry we're really busy today. we want to make sure our patients can have the upmost attentiveness from our staff and were just about at our limit. Youre obese and contributed to your own condition, so were gonna have to turn you away. Sorry though." Yuck.

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Holy moly - it's hard to believe out if seven million sperm, YOU were the fastest.

52 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I just came back from my run (health!) and i was thinking this is what youd say, im pretty sure you said you dropped or conceded this point (i forgot the word you used). Obese people dont have to be obese, thats a choice. Cancer patients who smoked, thats a choice. They made those choices and took the risk that cancer, heart disease, etc wouldnt come for them. But it was a choice they made. Its actually funny that you include heart attack/stroke in your list as you can drastically decrease your risks for those if you live a healthy lifestyle. So why is it the obese people who made a choice to eat pizza and pasta then had a heart attack gets medical attention, but the covid patient who made a choice to not get a vaccine doesnt. 

Can the heath care provider ( or anyone within the hospital environment) be infected with obesity,  cancer, heart disease, CVA by treating a patient with that illness/ disease?  

Can they be infected with Covid by treating a patient with Covid?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Can the heath care provider ( or anyone within the hospital environment) be infected with obesity,  cancer, heart disease, CVA by treating a patient with that illness/ disease?  

Can they be infected with Covid by treating a patient with Covid?

thats not what was argued though. it was a resource allocation issue. As to your argument, if you really want to argue it, thoughts on Hiv/Aids? Largely avoidable, and theres a chance they can infect others. If youre actually arguing this, thank goodness you werent making medical decisions back in the 80's.

28 minutes ago, ET80 said:

While I'm here - do you really think heart attacks/cardiac arrest is ONLY because one doesn't have a healthy lifestyle? There aren't congenital heart defects that people have at birth that can lead to these things? It's only pizza and beer?

Holy moly - it's hard to believe out if seven million sperm, YOU were the fastest.

I'm done.

Of course thats not the only cause, ive never said it is. It is one of the leading causes though. Please, tell me where you got that i said obesity was the ONLY cause of heart disease.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

thats not what was argued though. it was a resource allocation issue. As to your argument, if you really want to argue it, thoughts on Hiv/Aids? Largely avoidable, and theres a chance they can infect others. If youre actually arguing this, thank goodness you werent making medical decisions back in the 80's.

Did I miss the vaccine that was effective in countering the HIV?

There is a vaccine that is a quick, efficient and effective step in the COVID pandemic.

The illnesses and disease you are bringing up do not have.

You seemed to be arguing for the longer path vs the shorter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Did I miss the vaccine that was effective in countering the HIV?

There is a vaccine that is a quick, efficient and effective step in the COVID pandemic.

The illnesses and disease you are bringing up do not have.

You seemed to be arguing for the longer path vs the shorter.

No, but theres an easy avoidance for HIV/AIDs. Avoid a couple things and your chances go drastically down of catching it. Not 100%, but a significant amount. The odds are that a person infected with HIV made a choice(again, not always). A unvaccinated person made a choice. Both could infect those who are treating them. 

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Good one bruh, hurt me deep. We all realize though that if someone suggested what you are in the real world, it would be laughed at. Right? So maybe lets cool it with those jokes... if you want to throw some digs at me though, im not the tallest guy in the world. And as we saw today, the reading aint great.. maybe angle towards those. 

Maybe I misunderstand GSU, but I don’t think obese people are a risk to my health and others around me. Also, unless you’re religious, I imagine it’s easier getting a shot in the arm than to completely changes ones lifestyle. If there was a magical pill or vaccine to lose weight, I imagine almost everybody would take it.

If you want to compare them to cigarette smokers, that kinda makes more sense.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

No, but theres an easy avoidance for HIV/AIDs. Avoid a couple things and your chances go drastically down of catching it. Not 100%, but a significant amount. The odds are that a person infected with HIV made a choice(again, not always). A unvaccinated person made a choice. Both could infect those who are treating them. 

…..? Are you suggesting all humans reject a basic biologically programmed function or it’s “their fault?”

• Like 2