Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

95130791_2949937051766466_32314223857856

You’re the guy on the internet here my man.

Also they’ve already killed their “control group” because they told everyone who got the placebo during the trials to get the vaccine. So the data is flawed moving forward. 

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The truly revealing word in that paragraph is "they".

Personally, I value my body and life enough to put my own health above politics. But if other people want to sacrifice themselves at the altar, I say go nuts if that gets this thing over with faster.

It is unfortunate that politics dictates health directives 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Also they’ve already killed their “control group” because they told everyone who got the placebo during the trials to get the vaccine. So the data is flawed moving forward. 

Interesting phrasing.  I’d argue they tried not to kill their control group by encouraging them to get a vaccine that they reduces mortality numbers exponentially. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

It is unfortunate that politics dictates health directives 

Politics doesn’t prevent anyone from getting this vaccine unless they’re unwilling to put facts above feelings, in which case it’s not politics that are the limiting factor. 

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Interesting phrasing.  I’d argue they tried not to kill their control group by encouraging them to get a vaccine that they reduces mortality numbers exponentially. 

I’m just saying you wanna talk the scientific method, well that whole process is flawed because they got their “numbers” 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Politics doesn’t prevent anyone from getting this vaccine unless they’re unwilling to put feelings above facts, in which case it’s not politics that are the limiting factor. 

I got the vaccine but will not be getting the booster since it doesn’t work. 

• Like 1

Why breakthrough COVID deaths can be misunderstood

The unvaccinated are 11.3x more likely to die than those who are vaccinated.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/breakthrough-covid-deaths-misunderstood/story?id=80644538

...........what we are seeing with Covid inoculations tracks so far with other vaccines. The mumps vaccine, according to the CDC, is 88 percent effective at preventing infection. Similarly, the chickenpox vaccine has an efficacy of 85 percent. And in 2019, the influenza vaccine was about 45 percent effective.

Importantly, for all three vaccinations, individuals who have breakthrough cases experience significantly reduced symptoms compared to the unvaccinated. For mumps, breakthrough cases result in milder symptoms and a decreased likelihood of developing severe neurological complications such as encephalitis and meningitis. With the chickenpox vaccine, patients develop less severe fevers and skin eruptions than the unvaccinated. And the influenza vaccine, despite reducing the risk of flu by just 40 to 60 percent overall, prevented an estimated 7.5 million cases and 6,300 influenza-associated deaths in the 2019-2020 season alone.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/omicron-proves-covid-vaccine-working-breakthrough-cases-misleading-term-ncna1286730

PerVaccHospUS_v02_DP_1640016161287_hpEmb

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Johnny Nix said:

I got the vaccine but will not be getting the booster since it doesn’t work. 

Boosters did work well against Delta. While not as effective against preventing infections from Omicron, still pretty effective at preventing hospitalization and deaths.

Have you ever thought that maybe the reasons things keep changing is because the virus keeps changing, and we have to adapt accordingly?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I’m just saying you wanna talk the scientific method, well that whole process is flawed because they got their “numbers” 

Are you saying they lack a control group of people who are unvaccinated?

We’ve still got a control group.  They’re the ones accounting for like 90ish % of hospitalizations and deaths. 

What other data could you possibly need to show efficacy?

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You know this, but for the peanut gallery, there are pre-determined criteria before the study starts dictating when the control group could receive the test item if efficacy was overwhelmingly clear, and statisticians pre-calculate the timing and populations to ensure that this won't reduce the control group to below significance. Pretty standard tbh. 

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Boosters did work well against Delta. While not as effective against preventing infections from Omicron, still pretty effective at preventing hospitalization and deaths.

Have you ever thought that maybe the reasons things keep changing is because the virus keeps changing, and we have to adapt accordingly?

So your good with the plan to keep getting booster shots, even though you can still get sick and pass the virus onto someone else. The only way I’m getting a booster shot is if I’m over 50 years old or have some serious medical issues. 

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Are you saying they lack a control group of people who are unvaccinated?

We’ve still got a control group.  They’re the ones accounting for like 90ish % of hospitalizations and deaths. 

What other data could you possibly need to show efficacy?

You're playing nice. 

There are plenty of entirely valid pharmaceutical products on the market that have never been part of a study with a single control patient, much less double-blinded controlled study, and his premise clearly demonstrates he doesn't know that. Why are we letting obvious amateurs use Joe Rogan or Twitter talking points as a proxy for an audit of a process they know nothing about and pretending it's valid?

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You're playing nice. 

There are plenty of entirely valid pharmaceutical products on the market that have never been part of a study with a single control patient, much less double-blinded controlled study, and his premise clearly demonstrates he doesn't know that. Why are we letting obvious amateurs audit a process they know nothing about and pretending it's valid?

There’s equally as many if not more that have been pulled after being deemed safe/effective