Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Eff the vulnerable people and those with comorbidities amirite? Just let those people die so things can plateau for the rest of us healthy people that aren’t trying to overcome terrible physical obstacles in life. 

Crazy there are still so many people out there that haven’t been closely touched by death or long term physical ailment through this. Sadly for some though it takes that personal experience to start caring about this thing more closely. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Eff the vulnerable people and those with comorbidities amirite? Just let those people die so things can plateau for the rest of us healthy people that aren’t trying to overcome terrible physical obstacles in life. 

Crazy there are still so many people out there that haven’t been closely touched by death or long term physical ailment through this. Sadly for some though it takes that personal experience to start caring about this thing more closely. 

I’d never wish tragedies on others that we both have personally been through, but there are often many times I’d wish them on someone in an alternate universe where they could even begin to understand and empathize with those of us who have, because their world is vastly different.

29 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

They don’t care because they don’t view themselves or their loved once as the sacrificial lambs.

• Like 2

I struggle to understand this talk of the vaccine not working. It’s highly effective however each infection (far more prevalent in unvaccinated) allows the virus opportunity to mutate, increase transmissibility, and avoid vaccines.

The western world needs to get vaccine manufacturing capacity built out so we can offer vaccines to poor countries. 

The collective selfish behaviour is allowing increased opportunity for a variant with far worse outcomes.

By the way……a shout out and big thank you to all the healthcare providers in the forum. After all that’s happened it’s remarkable you still have empathy.

Thank You!!

• Like 6

On 1/14/2022 at 3:01 PM, Johnny Nix said:

It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to pivot to a new direction. 

I've always said this is a 3 year process so about another year and covid is treated similarly as flu (more deaths 100-150K to flu's 50K) and the vaccine is properly labeled as a symptom mitigating booster shot, not a vaccine. Mandates/restrictions will all be lifted because life goes on but they want 100% participation in the economy. 

I could be wrong but I've been right on a lot of stuff so far and all it took was an open mind and googling things (Israel and Sinapore predicted this wave/90%+ vaxxed) and looking at all sources even if they went against my beliefs at that time. Glad some are coming around to what IS GOING TO HAPPEN even if it goes against what they think or want to happen. I said protect the elderly and at risk population at the start and had the healthy spread this. Well now it looks like the 'professionals' know this and are slowly letting it happen in a way they don't admit their mistakes. They already admitted most masks don't work but blame it on how contagious Megatron is. Well the virus didn't get smaller did it? Always passed through masks and only spittle/snot got caught. Yes that limits the viral load but those weren't the airborne particles anyways. 

LOOK AROUND....I see in the people all around me who are vaxxed and getting this. Some boosted and one woman who had her 2nd shot early October. Another guy who had covid before vax, is triple shot and has covid again. Most of the vaxxed people I know who have it now or since Christmas are the sickest and most messed up they've ever been. The few unvaxxed I know who also got it in this time frame have been bad but no worse than a flu. I'm unvaxxed still never gotten. Vegas gf who is a massage therapist in big name hotel had covid in March 2020 from her last appointment and is unvaxxed. Hasn't gotten it again but half of her vaxxed coworkers have missed time since Delta. Only 2 unvaxxed sick so far and 8 of the MT are unvaxxed. The vaxxed at my job aren't tested but I'm tested weekly. If I get it I will probably feel it even though 80% of the people before vaccines had little to mild symptoms. If vaxxed don't notice symptoms then who's the super spreader? Oh me the one who's never gotten it. lol Yet people will keep boosting because of many reasons. Go ahead, I don't care but it's not a vaccine. A symptom migitating booster shot AT BEST! 

It's good to see some will finally go out vacation and enjoy their lives. I've been doing it the whole time and flying to places where I didn't have to mask there and enjoy my life. As soon as protests turned to riots/looting and my politicians said nothing, I knew not to be afraid because I'm 50 and healthy like my Governor Newsom. I RECALL him not following his own rules and I never forget things that are important. Also never will I stop point these things out when it's time to speak up. Oh and I'm a former DEM so... I wonder how many former's there will be because this covid/vaccine/mandate stuff got political. Let alone all the spending (I blame both parties there) Well time to stop talking to myself as I'm usually ignored here for some reason. LOL

Edited by G

Delete

EDIT: I deleted this one because I was responding to a specific poster who I disagreed with. Upon reflection of my experiences here on this thread before I decided that I should not respond to posters I disagree with because it's rarely understood, heard, believed and I'm not here to convince you to change your mind but to show there are others who disagree. This is by far the most toxic thing I've experienced in a long time. However to avoid something unpleasant is NOT living LIFE. So I come back for small doses ov venom to strengthen my immunity. LOL 🤪

So if you respond directly to me or hint to another poster about me I WILL respond back. I'm not scared or intimidated of the toxic people here. At least I can see when my own levels are getting too toxic because I will look in the mirror and notice what's happening. Then I take a break, do something else etc...

It's KARMA and for every action there is a reaction. How far this stuff got pushed one direction will now get the same intensity push back, consistently and longer than necessary just like it was pushed and as a pendulum swings too far one way it always over swings the other until it finds 'balance' which is just starting/beginning to happen. Can't keep pushing that rock up that 'hill' as it's already pushing back and you can either GTFO of the way or get crushed. It's your health at risk, not mine. I already withstood the best you had. 

Edited by G

10 hours ago, G said:

Delete

Should've deleted the first one too. Saying the vaccine is a symptom mitigating booster shot is just another way of saying you haven't studied vaccines or have any clue how they work. It's been beat to death in here so I'm not going to regurgitate it for the 1000th time. People had unrealistic expectations of it from day one but that's on your for choosing to get your information from politicians. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, G said:

I've always said this is a 3 year process so about another year and covid is treated similarly as flu (more deaths 100-150K to flu's 50K) and the vaccine is properly labeled as a symptom mitigating booster shot, not a vaccine. Mandates/restrictions will all be lifted because life goes on but they want 100% participation in the economy. 

I could be wrong but I've been right on a lot of stuff so far and all it took was an open mind and googling things (Israel and Sinapore predicted this wave/90%+ vaxxed) and looking at all sources even if they went against my beliefs at that time. Glad some are coming around to what IS GOING TO HAPPEN even if it goes against what they think or want to happen. I said protect the elderly and at risk population at the start and had the healthy spread this. Well now it looks like the 'professionals' know this and are slowly letting it happen in a way they don't admit their mistakes. They already admitted most masks don't work but blame it on how contagious Megatron is. Well the virus didn't get smaller did it? Always passed through masks and only spittle/snot got caught. Yes that limits the viral load but those weren't the airborne particles anyways. 

LOOK AROUND....I see in the people all around me who are vaxxed and getting this. Some boosted and one woman who had her 2nd shot early October. Another guy who had covid before vax, is triple shot and has covid again. Most of the vaxxed people I know who have it now or since Christmas are the sickest and most messed up they've ever been. The few unvaxxed I know who also got it in this time frame have been bad but no worse than a flu. I'm unvaxxed still never gotten. Vegas gf who is a massage therapist in big name hotel had covid in March 2020 from her last appointment and is unvaxxed. Hasn't gotten it again but half of her vaxxed coworkers have missed time since Delta. Only 2 unvaxxed sick so far and 8 of the MT are unvaxxed. The vaxxed at my job aren't tested but I'm tested weekly. If I get it I will probably feel it even though 80% of the people before vaccines had little to mild symptoms. If vaxxed don't notice symptoms then who's the super spreader? Oh me the one who's never gotten it. lol Yet people will keep boosting because of many reasons. Go ahead, I don't care but it's not a vaccine. A symptom migitating booster shot AT BEST! 

It's good to see some will finally go out vacation and enjoy their lives. I've been doing it the whole time and flying to places where I didn't have to mask there and enjoy my life. As soon as protests turned to riots/looting and my politicians said nothing, I knew not to be afraid because I'm 50 and healthy like my Governor Newsom. I RECALL him not following his own rules and I never forget things that are important. Also never will I stop point these things out when it's time to speak up. Oh and I'm a former DEM so... I wonder how many former's there will be because this covid/vaccine/mandate stuff got political. Let alone all the spending (I blame both parties there) Well time to stop talking to myself as I'm usually ignored here for some reason. LOL

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Should've deleted the first one too. Saying the vaccine is a symptom mitigating booster shot is just another way of saying you haven't studied vaccines or have any clue how they work. It's been beat to death in here so I'm not going to regurgitate it for the 1000th time. People had unrealistic expectations of it from day one but that's on your for choosing to get your information from politicians. 

Never got any of my info from politicians and I said stuff long before they did. lol 

If people had unrealistic expectations from day one then change course and deal with reality.  The science never changed. Just how people decide to react to that science. Always knew the virus was getting through cloth masks so that FACT never changed. The vaccines not working against the newer variants changed. That has NOTHING to do with the science that cloth masks were never good enough. UNLESS you're using POLITICAL SCIENCE and following that. I'm not and WHO came out long ago saying masks were not good while exercising. In Cali you can remove them now with exercising but no announcement so people are still in sheep mode. 

I do NOT get the flu shot as I do NOT call that a vaccine either. The tetanus SHOT is also only given every 10 years. However if you need to keep doing it after the initial few shots then it is NOT A VACCINE  that I will take and I bet it will be labeled a COVID SHOT in time. So watch and learn as that is just about a year away. Calling it a vaccine is propaganda because it is the only way you can even try to force something on the public. Words matter. 

If you think you can FORCE your will upon others for safety, you are wrong and are making it more unsafe for yourself and others. Trust in government, CDC is at an all time low wouldn't you agree?  So when something more serious were to come along the public won't listen. Many already said NO but many more did it out of FEAR of losing their job, social standing etc...Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Trust is more important than safety. When driving on the road you are trusting that the person driving the other way will stay in their lane because of that painted line between you. Society is built on trust. Trump flipped out many, even on both sides, Biden is also flipping out many on both sides. If you keep a 2 party system ( I wouldn't) then you need moderates on both sides to run against another but 'extremes' makes noise and gets attention as the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  I'd live to see Tulsi vs Rand or even a combined ticket of two moderates from each party so 'working together' is the theme/desire. 

11 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

LOL I never expect you to ever hear or understand anything that you don't agree with. YOU mentally are not capable of it at this moment in time and that is obvious. Incognito is the only one I've read here with their head buried even deeper than yourself. Many here I disagree with but I respect their arguements, explainations and reasons. AT LEAST I can see why they think the way they do and it's usually because of their jobs. However this never has been and never will be just about 'science' and nothing is ever just logical, emotional or wherever one is operating out of at a specific moment in time. I expect a doctor/nurse to use a specific thought process because of their training and what they've seen. However to think that they are not human and SEVERLY effected/affected by what they see, hear, interact with the past two years would be a mistake. Though you also need to understand the people on the other side of a discussion especially when it's not a binary code of 0's and 1's

Actually that's the problem is too many aren't listening and don't have to. For every action there is a reaction. So go back to ignoring me so I can go away for a few months again. I like to check in to see how deep some bury their heads when the narrative/belief they held is radically blown to bits. Plato's Allegory of the Cave showed that when people's long held beliefs are attacked/challenged they usually react in not such good ways. History has evidence of this if you don't like using a parable. 

24 minutes ago, G said:

If you think you can FORCE your will upon others for safety, you are wrong and are making it more unsafe for yourself and others. Trust in government, CDC is at an all time low wouldn't you agree? 

I'm not going to touch on the rest of your ramble because frankly, I don't believe that you have read a single scientific study regarding this. I will say that I agree with this part, but the fact that you are somehow combining trust in government and the details of the vaccine show that you really don't realize that they are two separate conversations. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'm not going to touch on the rest of your ramble because frankly, I don't believe that you have read a single scientific study regarding this. I will say that I agree with this part, but the fact that you are somehow combining trust in government and the details of the vaccine show that you really don't realize that they are two separate conversations. 

I'm just happy we can agree on something. 😁The solution to that problem is more difficult and truly unfortunate.