Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

33 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The way I know I don't care is because this is hilarious silly and 12 months ago I'd make fun of it for like a solid day. Now, eh. 

We've broken Rams. Congratulations world, you win.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well it’s hard to care for this long when so many people don’t care at all and we’re (healthcare/pharmaceutical workers) all left cleaning up their mess indefinitely.

But yeah, this is absurd.

I just got word that tomorrow is a "calamity day". It's almost like 15% of our staff district wide is out and a total of over 250 cases or something. My wife just told me that our kids were still going to my mother in laws and they're staying overnight into Saturday at lunch, meaning I have an entire day to myself tomorrow until she gets home from work tomorrow afternoon.

WIDE OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS HERE. I have no idea what to do with myself.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

We've broken Rams. Congratulations world, you win.

the world:

Cat Teeth GIF by Garfield

Just now, MWil23 said:

I just got word that tomorrow is a "calamity day". It's almost like 15% of our staff district wide is out and a total of over 250 cases or something.

We had a calamity day today at the high school.

Just now, MWil23 said:

My wife just told me that our kids were still going to my mother in laws and they're staying overnight into Saturday at lunch, meaning I have an entire day to myself tomorrow until she gets home from work tomorrow afternoon.

Yes you do.

south park GIF

• Like 6

Wife works for University of Texas and normally she works from home and goes in one a week to get out of the house and take care of things there and now they want everyone in her building staying home for the rest of the semester.

half my work also contracted over the weekend it seems. Saw them all there on Thursday and half of them have been missing all week, all positive cases. Crazy stuff

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I finally after not taking a vacation in 3 years pulled the trigger and booked a 1 week vacation down in Georgia this summer. It's been 3 years and I've done my time and played by the rules, only to get it 2-3 times while being fully boosted and wearing a mask while not going anywhere, so I'm choosing to move on relatively responsibly and I'm going to take a vacation to a place with a pool and a beach. I'm over it all at this point.

Good for you. As it's been discussed here, a finish line must exist and we're not going to see one on a national level so I made a personal one last May. Flying is easy as long as you don't get those dumbass Karen's yelling at old men b/c they don't have their mask on..... while she doesn't have her mask on...... yeah..... and even then, it's just pathetic entertainment.

Enjoy!!

Just hoping this doesn't compromise the draft again. Already seeing major cities in the NE start to plateau in cases so it looks like that's what is happening. Will take a little more time for rural areas to get to that point but hopefully by the end of March, we're in another valley before we inevitably hit a peak again.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I just got word that tomorrow is a "calamity day". It's almost like 15% of our staff district wide is out and a total of over 250 cases or something. My wife just told me that our kids were still going to my mother in laws and they're staying overnight into Saturday at lunch, meaning I have an entire day to myself tomorrow until she gets home from work tomorrow afternoon.

Clean the house top to bottom. Brownie point payout is enormous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That is next level relationship perimeter defense right there. Well done Mrs. Mwil.

I’m thinking about going to the BMV to get one of those new drivers licenses that you can’t fly without but I’m not sure 8 hours is enough time (kinda joking)

Caught the bug sometime leading up to New Year weekend.

By Sunday 1/02/22 I started feeling it come in.

At first it was a combination of migraine, nausea, dizziness, chills and a sore throat. But after I slept it off, it was virtually just a sore throat and surprisingly a super sore back for the rest of the time.

My employer made me work from home for 10 days, then told me to go back even if I was still testing positive and showing symptoms - as long as I wasn't dying or throwing a fever within the last 24 hours. I found that guideline pathetically dumb, as I work in an office/ call center and we're all no more than 6 feet apart between our mini cubicles.

Came back to work today to find out there was a full blown outbreak and half of the office got sent home anyways. I managed to dodge it until now, but I don't think anyone is getting away from this Omnicron variant. It is definitely super contagious, but not as ravaging as they say. I know more people that have COVID right now than not.  I had it easy (I"m vaxxed), though I don't want to downplay this for those who suffered through worst.

Double mask and don't get near anyone yall. It still sucks getting sick regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I’m thinking about going to the BMV to get one of those new drivers licenses that you can’t fly without but I’m not sure 8 hours is enough time (kinda joking)

when I moved to ME last year getting one of those licenses was like the spanish inquisition. I showed up with two bills as proof of my new Maine address, my SSC, and my NH license AND THAT WAS NOT NEARLY ENOUGH STUFF. The big surprise was the did not consider my NH license as a valid form of ID because they can't verify NH's standards of identity confirmation met their own. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

when I moved to ME last year getting one of those licenses was like the spanish inquisition. I showed up with two bills as proof of my new Maine address, my SSC, and my NH license AND THAT WAS NOT NEARLY ENOUGH STUFF. The big surprise was the did not consider my NH license as a valid form of ID because they can't verify NH's standards of identity confirmation met their own. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Pregnant women who are unvaccinated against the coronavirus are not only more likely to be hospitalized for covid-19, but also at more risk of seeing their newborns die less than a month after birth, according to a peer-reviewed study in Scotland that was published Thursday.

The World Health Organization has recommended two new drugs for patients with covid-19, the oral medication baricitinib and the monoclonal antibody treatment sotrovimab.

Free:

How often can you safely reuse your KN95 or N95 mask?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/01/13/kn95-n95-mask-reuse-omicron/

Are we all going to get omicron? Dr. Leana Wen answered reader questions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/01/13/leana-wen-covid-omicron-reader-qa/