Chiefs release Eric Fisher AND Mitchell Schwartz

kingseanjohn

It's just that wide open. Niang has to be the LT, but the bodies they have back are thin--Wylie, Rankin, Allegretti, Durant are the only ones on the active roster, plus LDT who is a special case. Other than that, it's waiver claims and UDFA. Prince Tega Wanogho and Darryl Williams are likely in the mix, but the others are probably camp bodies. 

If they want to sign one of the FA, I think it's most likely Reiter, because of the chemistry he has with Mahomes. They can get a good player at #31, but a starting player is more dicey. In all, the team does have eight draft picks.

J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

So what are we looking at for a starting lineup: 

LT Niang 

LG  

RG LDT

RT 

Does Algretti go to C? Remmers comes back? I hope this doesn't mean Wylie comes back...

If I had to piece together a line right now.  It’d be

LT: Rankin
LG: Wylie
😄 Allegretti
RG: LDT
RT: Niang 

Sans LT,  that’s not worse than what we rolled with the majority of last year.  I know it’s not good.. but fill LT with a guy like Alejandro Villeuva or someone around that and the OL is the same as last year,  with the draft to improve 

18 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

If I had to piece together a line right now.  It’d be

LT: Rankin
LG: Wylie
😄 Allegretti
RG: LDT
RT: Niang 

Sans LT,  that’s not worse than what we rolled with the majority of last year.  I know it’s not good.. but fill LT with a guy like Alejandro Villeuva or someone around that and the OL is the same as last year,  with the draft to improve 

I always forget about Rankin. And yeah Wylie is a RFA isn't he... 🤦 

If Niang winds up on the right side we'll definitely have to sign a vet for LT or draft one high. Maybe we pull a trade for Zeus Jr 😎

Wow got rid of both Schwatz and Fisher?  Surprising, guess they want maybe to keep Remmers or better yet be able to resign the younger Wylie and Reiter who are younger.  Should for sure draft a OT late 1st round now with those two guys gone.  Sure they got Rankins, Niang and Tega Wanogho but not sure two of them could start, maybe one.  

Really they can obviously get any OL and make him into a fine player, look at who they had as guards and who great they are now, or how good they made Remmers when he came over.  Probably should not be a problem.