Saints extend Taysom Hill; 4 years, $140M

pwny

1 minute ago, childofpudding said:

Why not just take the cap hit this season? It's not like they're going anywhere with Winston/Hill, and they don't have the ability to sign or trade for a game-changing QB like Watson (I think).

Does this move help them from not having to cut important impact players? Why do this?

I think they’re still working on extensions for Ramczyk, Williams and Lattimore... if (big if) they get those three done the Saints actually will have money if they wanted to make a signing or two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Can you? I'd assume the NFL would look down on assigning salary cap money to 2022 and beyond with a deal guaranteed to void before then.

I’ve seen contracts on spotrac that use the specific phrasing “contract automatically voids on [X]”

not sure where spotrac is pulling that terminology from, but I assumed it was legit 

edit: come to think of it, the void years in those contracts had base salaries of $0... so it seems like they can void automatically 

Edited by Dome

13 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’ve seen contracts on spotrac that use the specific phrasing “contract automatically voids on [X]”

not sure where spotrac is pulling that terminology from, but I assumed it was legit 

edit: come to think of it, the void years in those contracts had base salaries of $0... so it seems like they can void automatically 

Then I'm completely dumbfounded.