Drew Brees is not a top 10 QB of all time. Change my mind.

mdonnelly21

Is Drew Brees A Top 10 QB of All Time?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Is Drew Brees A Top 10 QB of All Time?

13 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I stated I liked Brees and I'm the one with an agenda....Again what is Bree's defining moment?....What iconic historical moment as QB is Brees remembered for?....

Mark my words, Eli Manning in comparison will be considered a god due largely in part because he spent his career in the Big Apple....Not saying it's fair, just saying that's the way it is....

What iconic historical moment will Rodgers be remembered for? Kind of a weird stance to take.

5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Or that Manning or Brady weren't also stat padders? LOL. Good one. Look at their record seasons...regularly throwing within the 5 yard line.

I was actually curious so I looked at Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers highest TD season to see how many times they threw TD's inside the 5

2007 Tom Brady: 30%

2011 Drew Brees: 33%

2013 Peyton Manning: 33%

2020 Aaron Rodgers: 40%

19 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Winning MVPs

So does that mean Matt Ryan and Cam Newton were better than Brees?  I mean both of them won MVPs with seasons that wouldn't even rank in the top 5 of the seasons that Brees put up during his career.  

6 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Did I really just read someone thinks Eli Manning should be ranked higher than Brees...🤣

It's because he had "iconic" moments that will be remembered.  Apparently Brees doesn't have any of those so shouldn't be ranked higher.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Broke the passing yards record. Broke the passing TDs record. Won Super Bowl MVP after hurricane katrina. I’m sure there’s plenty more but I’m not a saints fan so I didn’t get to see a lot of his accomplishments live. He’s leaps and bounds better than Eli Manning and no amount of time will change that. 

You mean the passing yard record that will be passed by Brady this season?....

6 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The Super Bowl victory? The same as it was for Brett Favre? 

Brett Favre started for GB and didn't relinquish the position there for almost 300 consecutive games (NFL record)....3X consecutive league MVP....Like Brees, Favre owned the passing yard record at the time of his retirement....

Favre started a game following the passing of his father Irv and lit the game up....The Raider's fan gave him a standing ovation following his performance....This in itself is an iconic memorable moment that sealed his position in NFL history....

Remembering the greatest tribute to a father in NFL history (usatoday.com)

16 minutes ago, Raves said:

It's because he had "iconic" moments that will be remembered.  Apparently Brees doesn't have any of those so shouldn't be ranked higher.

Well in that case it makes sense lol. I suppose Brees winning a Super Bowl after Katrina for a Saints franchise that has never been close to winning a Super Bowl prior to him arriving is anything iconic...Beating teams featuring Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, and Peyton Manning during his Super Bowl win probably isn't iconic.

Holding several all time passing records isn't noteworthy or iconic. Up until 2018, he had more 5,000 yard passing seasons than the rest of the QB's in NFL history combined. He's still the only QB to do it multiple times (5 times). Its now been done 7 times total by NFL QB's that aren't Brees. But yeah I suppose Eli Manning is more iconic lol.

27 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

You mean the passing yard record that will be passed by Brady this season?....

I mean Brees leading the Saints to a SB literally uplifted an entire city trying to recover from a horrific natural disaster. I’m not sure how much more iconic it gets. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

A Hail Mary catch is historical? How does a lucky play qualify a guy as a top 10 QB or not? This is such a strange narrative 

Show me something parallel in the history of the game....What is Bree's tally?....Rodgers league MVP.....3X....Brees league MVP....0X....LOL!!!....Troll!!!!