Drew Brees is not a top 10 QB of all time. Change my mind.

mdonnelly21

Is Drew Brees A Top 10 QB of All Time?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Is Drew Brees A Top 10 QB of All Time?

11 hours ago, Landog3 said:

What's your point? Marino had two mega big seasons in the early 80s. Brees had some huge seasons in the early/mid 2000s. I am sure Brees would have done fine in that era too. Cannot really give that argument. Brees has better numbers across the board. 

Brees played in dome and in an era where those types of numbers were more common. Marino is literally the only QB from his era that has stats that still compare to modern guys 30 years later 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I disagree. Many years Brees was considered better than Rodgers. In fact, I'd argue a majority of years people had it Brady-Manning-Brees-Rodgers.

When? Rodgers started in 08. He won a ring in 10 and had a monster season in 11 where he outdid Brees for an MVP. Then nearly the entire rest of the decade he was consistently called the best current QB with only Brady as his rival. 

Brees was maybe considered better the first two years Rodgers started, but that’s it 

56 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Brees played in dome and in an era where those types of numbers were more common. Marino is literally the only QB from his era that has stats that still compare to modern guys 30 years later 

The dome vs. playing in Miami argument doesn't make any sense to me. Marino played in Miami winters of 75 degrees. There's no advantage for either guy there. (BTW, I do agree Marino was better).

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

When? Rodgers started in 08. He won a ring in 10 and had a monster season in 11 where he outdid Brees for an MVP. Then nearly the entire rest of the decade he was consistently called the best current QB with only Brady as his rival. 

Brees was maybe considered better the first two years Rodgers started, but that’s it 

Disagree. Plenty of seasons Brees was better.

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

In a dome...as opposed to 70 degrees in January? I mean, come on lol. 

It’s just statistically a fact that Brees and all other QB’s numbers go down outside a dome. You can measure it across the board. 

And if people want to pretend playing in a warmer climate is the same (it isn’t), I’ll remind everyone that Marino played in the AFC East whole Brees played in the NFC South against 3 other warm weather teams. 

That’s before we talk about how much harder it is to put those numbers up in the 80’s and 90’s. Marino was a flat out better player and Brees was a on a better team one time 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Who else do you not rank higher then Eli then?

I get it....People are living in the present and Brees being the likeable person he is will be getting high marks....In my mind Jim Kelly and Dan Fouts perhaps don't have the passing yards, but are every bit the equal of Brees...Bart Starr is also missing from the list, but it appears this is considered going back too far in history.....

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

It’s just statistically a fact that Brees and all other QB’s numbers go down outside a dome. You can measure it across the board. 

And if people want to pretend playing in a warmer climate is the same (it isn’t), I’ll remind everyone that Marino played in the AFC East whole Brees played in the NFC South against 3 other warm weather teams. 

That’s before we talk about how much harder it is to put those numbers up in the 80’s and 90’s. Marino was a flat out better player and Brees was a on a better team one time 

For most QBs that is the case, but for some it isn't.  Marino and Rivers being among them, and both happened to play in warmer weather.  Russell Wilson also, having a massive home field advantage in Seattle.

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I get it....People are living in the present and Brees being the likeable person he is will be getting high marks....In my mind Jim Kelly and Dan Fouts perhaps don't have the passing yards, but are every bit the equal of Brees...Bart Starr is also missing from the list, but it appears this is considered going back too far in history.....

I don't care where you rank Brees, I'm just curious why you rank Eli so high and why.