Your dream career

Ty21

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

POTUS would be literally the worst job I can think of, I can't see why any reasonably intelligent person would want it.

What's the appeal for you? (Not being a azz, just curious)

I think I could do a better job than the people who have been there.

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Family/Friend run adventure travel company

Met someone who does something like that in my like that on vacation last winter. Got rid of everything and left his job in Fargo, ND to operate a catamaran tour in Roatan, Honduras. Having spent a few winters in Fargo, I completely understand his decision. 

Having my own radio show would be up there.

I get to watch whatever sports games that I want, have a hot take, get paid a lot of money, and my "homework" is watching games. And, if I can't think of anything good to talk about, I'll just steal money by having other people call into my show, share their useless opinions, and then either agree with them or explain to a national audience why they are so wrong/inept.

Or I could make millions off of being a blind homer like Bill Simmons or a complete troll like Rome/Bayless.

Lots of possibilities here.

7 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Met someone who does something like that in my like that on vacation last winter. Got rid of everything and left his job in Fargo, ND to operate a catamaran tour in Roatan, Honduras. Having spent a few winters in Fargo, I completely understand his decision. 

nice, i've been meaning to get to Roatan. One of the C.A. countries I haven't been to yet.

Even though mine can be very lucrative jobs, Im choosing my dream jobs and disregarding the money aspect of it....

NFL GM -   I love the entire process of building a team and trying to make it successful.  I might and probably would suck at it, but Id love the chance.

Comedian -   I love making people laugh and Im a night owl who prefers to have very lienient hours when it comes to work.

Youtube Star -  Kinda like the last one in regards to having my own hours and being able to basically have my own business....plus Id get to pick the concept of my channel, which Id probably like to be either a movie critic like Chris Stuckmann or a channel where I eat delicious foods all the time.   

Hugh Hefner -  I know its not actually a job, but...yeah....I wanna be the new Hugh.   

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Youtube Star -  Kinda like the last one in regards to having my own hours and being able to basically have my own business....plus Id get to pick the concept of my channel, which Id probably like to be either a movie critic like Chris Stuckmann or a channel where I eat delicious foods all the time.   

That would be cool and fun to think about but I could never do it myself since have an personality of like -2/10. Definitely not suitable for the youtube life. Although if ReviewBrah can do it, maybe there's hope for me.

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

That would be cool and fun to think about but I could never do it myself since have an personality of like -2/10. Definitely not suitable for the youtube life. Although if ReviewBrah can do it, maybe there's hope for me.

I dont have the chops to do any of those jobs.   Thats why they are "dreams".   :D

I could probably do decent at the Youtube thing, but probably not enough to make a living off of.    If there is any reason I would fail at that one, its because with the Youtube thing, you have to be patient while you build a following, and I am definitely not a patient person.     Knowing my luck, Id probably give up just before I was about to go big time.  ¬¬

8 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

You don't have to have any sort of personality to be a successful YouTube channel. Look at Dark 5. All he has to do is a little research, and a little typing. Or you can film roads. There's a market for that. Or become some soulless corporation like Buzzfeed, Watch Mojo or List 25 that basically puts no effort into any of their videos. 

Archived