• indoor basketball court
  • Outdoor swimming pool with waterslide
  • Outdoor basketball court w/lights
  • Baseball field w/lights
  • Large open grass field for various sporting needs
  • 4 car garage with attached workshop
  • 2 person maintenance staff M-F 8-5
  • Personal chef for breakfast-lunch-dinner M-F

Now I just need to go win that $181 million lottery.

Nothing too big or outlandish because i don't want to deal with the maintenance.  If the house requires a 50 ton chilling unit for the HVAC, it's probably too big.

So realistically, something in the 2000-2500 sq ft range, with a finished basement.  An office somewhere in the house.  Master suite should have a full bath.  Laundry room.  Big kitchen with eat in dining for 15-20 people (don't care for formal dining areas).

In addition to the house, 2-3 acres with a large pole barn.  Pole barn should be well insulated and heated, with high ceilings.  Half court basketball area, with a separate area for my woodworking shop (maybe like 40x50'?).

I'm nearly there at my current residence.  House is just a little small.  Have the acreage i want, and the pole barn is about what i described, just not tall enough for a basketball hoop..

I like @THE DUKE's idea of having a whole complex...

Big Cabin on a Lake

Amazing-waterside-cabin-retreat-in-Monta

Kitchen stocked strictly with smoked meats, beer and liquor.

Mountain-cabin-inspired-kitchen-with-sto

Short Hike to my private mountain lookout.

main-748d70d538ea7d7b40ecb745db6a8a9d9bb

Also on site:

• Boat house with a bass boat for fishing on the lake
  • Shooting range
  • Paintball/motocross course
  • Recording studio/home theater/bar/lounge area, separate building on the property.
  • Huge greenhouse/garden
  • Few hundred acres for game management

House is preferably in the suburbs outside of a major metropolitan city.

Decent sized kitchen

Dining room

Giant living room.   Large enough that my television can be a projector screen should I so decide to go that route.  In the background of the room is an Avatar pinball machine. 

Four bedrooms, two full bathrooms and a third half bathroom.

A home office/dedicated computer room.  At least two PC's, two printers (one color, one b&w), a scanner, a shredder, and a fax machine. 

A dedicated home gym

A two car garage.

A small laundry room with a washer/dryer combination and a table to fold things. 

A room with a hot tub, a 3d television and a 3d blu-ray player. 

A dedicated room painted as a giant glow in the dark mural to Pandora (the planet from Avatar) at night.  The only things in the room are series of small lights on the outer area of the ceilings in the room (so I don't have to see them when I look directly up), a light switch, a hammock and a very small speaker that either plays either the Avatar soundtrack or the song used on the avatar movie website on a loop.  And a second switch that allows me to alternate between either of them or no music and allows me to adjust the volume. 

A ten acre backyard with just forest behind that backyard.

Rooftop solar panels/backyard solar panels and a home energy storage device (stored above ground).  Because if I'm going to have a dream house, I'm not paying for electricity and I'm going to be able to grant shelter to any family members who need somewhere to stay that contains refrigeration during a hypothetical blackout. Looking at you summer of 2003. 

I'm torn between two extremes.

1)A totally modern downtown penthouse.  Gimme some exposed concrete and brick.  Overlooking the harbour, Halifax NS.

or...

2)A ranch in the south upper Arrow Lakes area in BC.  With a nice, but not overly cushy tractor to drive around.

I guess i don't really care that much about the specifics.  Those i can work on.  It's location, location, location for me.

Archived