Browns sign DE Takk McKinley

zelbell

4 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

How is it best value?  It’s a low risk signing with little chance of results.  He is undersized for a 4/3 DE and a liability against the run.

at best he will be a gadget guy and reserve that can be a situational pass rusher and situational linebacker.

Little chance? How? 

If he works hard, he'll get an opportunity just like everyone else.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Little chance? How? 

If he works hard, he'll get an opportunity just like everyone else.

I literally answered that question in the original post.  He is not a scheme fit for a 4/3 in addition to the issues that he experienced already.

The best reasons for signing him and vernon is this if he goes north of his previous sack total we let them walk thats puts us in for a comp pick. 

I mean look at what Noah got for 5 sacks

My best guess is also sign Vernon in hopes that he is 100 percent ready for playoffs to give us a boost of the bench plus get another comp pick.

This is the reason I would go after fisher

Lt Kansas the upside on him is multiple picks if he is healthy for the trade deadline.

37 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I literally answered that question in the original post.  He is not a scheme fit for a 4/3 in addition to the issues that he experienced already.

How is he not a scheme fit? for a 4-3? I'm confused? He literally played a 4-3 end his whole career including back in college, now all of the sudden he isn't? 

53 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

The best reasons for signing him and vernon is this if he goes north of his previous sack total we let them walk thats puts us in for a comp pick. 

I mean look at what Noah got for 5 sacks

My best guess is also sign Vernon in hopes that he is 100 percent ready for playoffs to give us a boost of the bench plus get another comp pick.

This is the reason I would go after fisher

Lt Kansas the upside on him is multiple picks if he is healthy for the trade deadline.

I wouldn't be mad if they sign Vernon to a league min deal for this year and put him on the PUP list and a performance incentive deal for 2022. If he can come back healthy great, if not you aren't out much. Then you also get to monitor his rehab this year.