2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lebron and unfortunately the rest of the cavs have zero interest in breaking a sweat right now. I’ve never seen this lazy of play. I think they realize they need to save as much energy as possible for June. It’s almost unwatchable. But I’ll reserve judgement until IT comes back. We need some heart. 

JR has been utter garbage. He should have never been benched. I think it messed with his head. And he’s not the most stable to begin with. 

To be honest, the Warriors have been pretty terrible themselves. It has taken two big comebacks to make their record respectable. They have so many lapses offensively and aren't even trying on the defensive end for majority of the game. And don't get me started with their careless passes. They had 26 f'n turnovers yesterday.

Both teams are probably either bored, or know they just need to amp it up late in the season and in the playoffs to get to the finals.

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think Steph is the most valuable player in the league.

Good case for that no doubt. Durant may be better than him (not sure), but he sure the hell isn't as valuable as Steph. You run a high screen and roll with him and teams have no choice but to double/trap him and you end up playing 4 on 3. Run him off double screens, and every defender runs to him. If he could cut down on his damn turnovers, he would be even more valuable. 

But Durant is as pure of a scorer as there ever has been. Damn that dude is unstoppable. The last three games he is the only reason the team was in the game in the 4th quarter. I can't believe they went away from him after he was involved in 11 consecutive points. 

This is where the quality of coaching comes in. You gotta strike a good balance of holding your players accountable while not grinding them out, all while guiding your team through a marathon and have them playing their best ball when it counts most.

Cavs look like the most coachless team that isn't supposed to be a bottom feeder I've ever seen.

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

To be honest, the Warriors have been pretty terrible themselves. It has taken two big comebacks to make their record respectable. They have so many lapses offensively and aren't even trying on the defensive end for majority of the game. And don't get me started with their careless passes. They had 26 f'n turnovers yesterday.

Both teams are probably either bored, or know they just need to amp it up late in the season and in the playoffs to get to the finals.

I think it’s obvious that nick young and Jeff Green have infected out teams. 

8 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

This is where the quality of coaching comes in. You gotta strike a good balance of holding your players accountable while not grinding them out, all while guiding your team through a marathon and have them playing their best ball when it counts most.

Cavs look like the most coachless team that isn't supposed to be a bottom feeder I've ever seen.

No doubt. Those that grind teams this early in the season end up wearing them down physically and mentally. 

As for the Cavs, it seems like they at least play their best ball in May/June. That counts for something. But yeah, that team just looks lost as ish for long stretches of the season every year. 

36 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

LeBron is the worst coach in the league.

14 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Cleveland might not care about the regular season, but you'd think they would care about getting home court advantage for the finals.

They know they can’t get a better record than the warriors. GS can rest half their starters and they’d still have 2 guys who can win on their own. 

^They can definitely push for 60+ wins in the East, which could give them a chance unless the Warriors have another historic season.

More importantly, they need to use these 82 games to develop defensive chemistry. They're never going to win a 7 game series against the Warriors until they can play D like they did 2 years ago. Not just that but it'll make regular season wins easier.

I don't really think home court matters in a series featuring the Cavaliers vs Warriors.  Regardless of the struggles both teams are having early on, neither team will be met with much resistance in getting to the Finals, especially the Cavaliers - barring injuries, of course.  Once Isaiah Thomas gets back, or I should say 'if' Isaiah Thomas gets back that will obviously help with spacing on offense and taking some pressure off LeBron.  However, interestingly enough, if Isaiah Thomas does come back the Cavaliers defense will presumably get worse, which is a really difficult thought to fathom.

Archived