2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

33 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

So it seems like Frank must have slept with Lebrons wife or something...

Yeah, I'm not sure why LeBron was acting like Frank did something.  You definitely look all bad and tough bodying up and trying to intimidate the youngest player in the NBA, LeBron...¬¬

Those good Clippers vibes sure have faded fast...

Nerlens Noel bet on himself this summer...and he lost big time.  Going to really regret turning down that contract over the next couple years.

If Clarkson keeps playing like this then he's going to be an easy salary dump for the Lakers if they do get 2 commitments from max free agents.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why LeBron was acting like Frank did something.  You definitely look all bad and tough bodying up and trying to intimidate the youngest player in the NBA, LeBron...¬¬

he was trolling the MSG crowd man. that was amazing 

17 minutes ago, champ11 said:

he was trolling the MSG crowd man. that was amazing 

Quite frankly (lol) this whole ordeal is one of the most overblown things I've ever seen. This is where we're at in the world. Drama like this and Donald Trump setting oriroties on bailing out LiAngelo Ball out of Japan.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Those good Clippers vibes sure have faded fast...

Nerlens Noel bet on himself this summer...and he lost big time.  Going to really regret turning down that contract over the next couple years.

If Clarkson keeps playing like this then he's going to be an easy salary dump for the Lakers if they do get 2 commitments from max free agents.

Was always going to depend on how healthy they stayed. They aren't good enough to sustain injuries to two of the guys in the starting line up. Heck, three if you count Teodosic. 

Embiid though is an absolute monster. It was crazy how the team would fall apart every single time he went to the bench. Dude was a freaking +23 in a four point win. That's unreal. Played a career high 36 minutes as well and did his usual trolling lol.

1 minute ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Only 3 NBA players are averaging at least 22 points per game on 45/35/85 shooting.

Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Devin Booker

Booker taking that efficiency step? Looks like that coaching change could have been huge

1 minute ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Only 3 NBA players are averaging at least 22 points per game on 45/35/85 shooting.

Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Devin Booker

Our boy hooping. I felt bad for him yesterday looking so helpless in the 4th quarter. Oh well, hopefully it turns for the Suns in a few years........

KD has made 32 consecutive FTs yet isn't even close to shooting 90% from the stripe. Smh, could have had his second 50/40/90 season. 

12 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Cavs played solid defense when they had to lock down. 

Korver 4 mvp

Right now it’s the Cavs only playing in the 4th with full effort Or playing a team they want to make a statement against. 

3 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

So it seems like Frank must have slept with Lebrons wife or something...

LeBron is so insecure. He needs to try to intimidate a 19yo rookie after LeBron is the one who created the situation by suggesting they draft someone else. How does LeBron not view that as a shot at Frank? He is such a great player but such a bonehead and so insecure.

Very happy to see Frank not back down (and play well defensively). Also, love Kanter coming to his defense immediately. Too bad LeBron thinks Kanter is the one out of line for defending a teammate.

10 hours ago, amac said:

I still have a hard time seeing why people think they can't coexist. very few players I think CP3 would actually be a bad fit with, one of the most well rounded PG's ever

Its because they are both ball dominate, and people have this view of Harden as being a selfish player who cares about his touches. Anyone who watches him play knows that he is extremely unselfish. He has no problem letting other guys take shots, hes a willing passer, case in point the game winner he dished to Eric Gordon against the 76ers. 

If the pre season and warriors game showed anything, its that Harden is the Alpha for this team, and CP3 is happy to let him be. Harden will control the ball in the 1/2 court and either of them will bring it up in the fast break. I suspect they will try and get Harden's minutes down a little, which means there will be 14 minutes per game where CP3 is the man, and CP3 will probably be around 30 minutes, meaning there will be 18 with Harden and no CP3. That only leaves about 16 minutes per game for them to play together. 10 or more will be at the start of the 1st and 3rd and then the rest will be at the end of the game and half. I would imagine Paul runs the first 7 minutes of the 2nd and 4th and then sits a few minutes when Harden is back and comes back in the final 2 minutes depending on what is going on. 

The line ups that we can create with Cp3/Gordon/Harden/Tucker/Moute playing some crazy small ball. or we can go Cp3/Harden/Tucker/Ariza/Moute or we can play big as well. 

CP3 is arguably the best Defensive PG in the league, Moute is one of the best wing defenders in the league, Capela is providing solid rim protection now. tucker and Ariza are also above average defenders. Harden and Gordon will never be all defensive team, but they are dialed in this year as well. Even Ryan Anderson is holding people to 25% shooting in the Iso. The Rockets are 8th in defensive Efficiency and are going to be adding a 9 time all defensive team PG to the rotation. 

This rockets team is scary good, and if not for the all time great warriors club, they would probably have all the pieces to win a championship. 

The ball movement the rockets team has going on is incredible, CP3 will slow things down a little, but replacing Bobby Brown with Chris Paul will never hurt a team. 

having said all that, I would ship him to the Wolves for Jimmy Butler, but I digress. 

14 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

LeBron is so insecure. He needs to try to intimidate a 19yo rookie after LeBron is the one who created the situation by suggesting they draft someone else. How does LeBron not view that as a shot at Frank? He is such a great player but such a bonehead and so insecure.

Very happy to see Frank not back down (and play well defensively). Also, love Kanter coming to his defense immediately. Too bad LeBron thinks Kanter is the one out of line for defending a teammate.

LeBron is corny. I don't think he's insecure. I think he shifted and became a lot more comfortable after he got that title in 2015. 

Archived