2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, showtime said:
2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Jayson Tatum is averaging 14/5/1.5

Jayson Tatums shooting line is 49/48/83.

Ainge was so dumb for trading back and missing out on Ball and Fultz though. What a moronic move.

First of all, that was said before they traded for Kyrie Irving.  Secondly, these guys are all in their first season.  I'm honestly not sure why you bring this up every week or two.  Maybe it's so you can validate yourself or something.  I'm not sure.

Seriously.  How often can the same guy bring up the same take?

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Jayson Tatum is averaging 14/5/1.5

Jayson Tatums shooting line is 49/48/83.

Ainge was so dumb for trading back and missing out on Ball and Fultz though. What a moronic move.

Kyle Kuzma is averaging 16/6/2

Kyle Kuzma's shooting line is 50/38/77

Your point?

15 hours ago, champ11 said:

oh yeah, most likely. probably should have moved him last year from as asset standpoint, but he's like our third best player so I'm totally fine with holding onto him to get in the playoffs this year and then letting him walk. Malik Beasley gonna step in next year. Barton is a stud as a 6th man though, I'd be fine if they ended up paying him 

Is he though? Dude can barely crack the rotation as is, and he hasn't looked all that impressive when he has seen time on the court this year.

Also, Juancho is so, so bad. Like, you're getting outplayed by the likes of Trey Lyles. Trey. Freaking. Lyles. Sit down, please lol.

And I hope the injury to the Joker isn't serious. Hate to see bigs, especially unicorns with any type of leg injury.

14 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Is he though? Dude can barely crack the rotation as is, and he hasn't looked all that impressive when he has seen time on the court this year.

Also, Juancho is so, so bad. Like, you're getting outplayed by the likes of Trey Lyles. Trey. Freaking. Lyles. Sit down, please lol.

And I hope the injury to the Joker isn't serious. Hate to see bigs, especially unicorns with any type of leg injury.

I mean, dude shouldn't be discredited for not cracking a rotation of Barton and Harris when he is pretty much a pure off guard and is 20 or 21. Not sure he'll ever be as good as Will is right now, but he's a good shooter and a lottery type of talent so if you can't retain Barton I think you expect him to come in after two years of development and be solid. I've really liked what I've seen from Beasley in limited minutes and could see him being a really good NBA rotation player. He was excellent in summer league 

And what lol? Juancho is just getting back from the mono thing and has played like 5 games this season. I'd give him a little bit of time to ease into the rotation. He is going to be an incredible shooter in this league for a long time. 

1 minute ago, jfinley88 said:

bad take imo. he is not so, so bad. he's much more useful than lyles.  

I'm probably a little tilted b/c I played him in fantasy last night (still made money, but it's the principle lol).

But bias aside, I don't think he's suited to be a wing in the NBA. He should be playing the four and it doesn't seem like he's afforded that opportunity in Denver.

5 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

He should be playing the four and it doesn't seem like he's afforded that opportunity in Denver.

tru dat. w/ millsap out he should be getting like all those minutes tho. i'd hope. 

& malik was flashing a bit too, i dont think he'll be barton-level impact player, but he definitely has some warranted hype iyam 

i wouldn't be mad if ORL threw a 3-45m deal at barton tbh 

10 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

tru dat. w/ millsap out he should be getting like all those minutes tho. i'd hope. 

& malik was flashing a bit too, i dont think he'll be barton-level impact player, but he definitely has some warranted hype iyam 

i wouldn't be mad if ORL threw a 3-45m deal at barton tbh 

The max extension he could sign with his current deal was 3/42 and the nuggets offered that and he turned it down. 

Juancho is playing "3" but he's playing as a stretch big. No reason to stress the position right now. I see him as a starting 4 after Millsap is gone. Positionless basketball and whatnot 

This team without AD is nothing. I mean, I'm pretty sure most people already knew that lol, but yeah. Leading a game and everything is fine and then he gets injured and we lose. Boogie is important and all but he just doesn't have close to the same effect AD has on this team. For comparison, our AD and no Boogie lineups have a net rating of +6 (as of a few days ago, dunno atm), AD AND Boogie has +4, and Boogie and no AD is our only negative one.

Archived