2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

Speaking of AD, news is expected to come out today. Rumors are he could miss anywhere from until the all star break to the rest of the season. Unless Boogie saw enough to re-sign during these 20 games or so, that probably ends this experiment and I'd expect him to be traded and Pels tank if the injury is the season.

i hope that's not the case.  I just planned a trip to new Orleans late January when the rockets play the pelicans.    :( 

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

And as big as a Boston fan and Kyrie Irving fan that I am to me it is a two-player race for MVP Harden and Giannis with Harden having a pretty solid lead, but lots whole of time left. Harden is just too offensively dominant at this moment

Um, LeBron? It's clearly a two way MVP race right now between Harden and LeBron. Harden has the edge, but LeBron is right up with him.

Speaking of AD, news is expected to come out today. Rumors are he could miss anywhere from until the all star break to the rest of the season. Unless Boogie saw enough to re-sign during these 20 games or so, that probably ends this experiment and I'd expect him to be traded and Pels tank if the injury is the season.

Noooooooo! Rest of the season? Please just be until the ASB. I wanted to see that duo work out, just needed better players around them. Aka a bunch of shooters. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

If AD is out for the year, Pelicans should probably look into moving Boogie. Let the tank happen. If the Pelicans can land 2 lottery picks in this draft and grab some depth pieces for Boogie, they'd be looking like a good team for the future.

If he’s out that long they should do everything in their power to keep boggie and resign him long term. AD will always get hurt. 

Its a one man show for MVP right now. Harden has been dominating. Leading the league in points and assists and has the 1 seed currently. 

I suspect they finish the 2 seed in the west, Harden will lead the league in scoring and probably finish 2nd or 3rd in assists. 

that will lock down the MVP, especially after voters know that he had a good case twice to win the award. They wont keep it from him a 3rd time unless the rockets fall apart. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Straight glass body with AD, the nba season is too long for guys to be that fragile. 

Pels should trade him like the Bucks did with Bogut. They'd no doubt get a better haul and should be able to find a nice pair with Boogie. 

The Pelicans medical staff must just suck. Anderson and Gordon were both hurt all the time with the Pelicans and have both been able to stay healthy in Houston. 

14 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Its a one man show for MVP right now. Harden has been dominating. Leading the league in points and assists and has the 1 seed currently. 

I suspect they finish the 2 seed in the west, Harden will lead the league in scoring and probably finish 2nd or 3rd in assists. 

that will lock down the MVP, especially after voters know that he had a good case twice to win the award. They wont keep it from him a 3rd time unless the rockets fall apart. 

Those Houston blinders never come off do they?

39 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If he’s out that long they should do everything in their power to keep boggie and resign him long term. AD will always get hurt. 

Will Boogie stay though if AD misses this year and they end up in the lottery? Odds definitely drop a bit, and at that point do you risk losing Boogie for nothing?

He's had one serious injury before now and it made him miss about 20 games. Year before last he had a minor injury but we shut him down for the last 10 games or so to tank. That's it, everything else has been these little nicks and bruises that keep him out for 1-3 games and that's that. Last year he played 75 games and only 4 of those games were missed due to injury. AD is a good enough talent that even if he only plays 65-75 games a year you live with that. 

Great news that its not as serious as it looked. But he's missed a lot of games for such a young guy, and as he gets older and his teams looks to make deep playoff runs year after year it's hard to not be worried about whether he's going to be a consistent force. @Pastor Dillon might have a good point with the medical staff it could be that easy of a fix. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um, LeBron? It's clearly a two way MVP race right now between Harden and LeBron. Harden has the edge, but LeBron is right up with him.

LeBron James definitely deserves to be in the MVP race but I left him off because it seems voters always want the new guy and LeBron is sort of taken for granted

Archived