2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Paul Millsap lead a team to 60 wins dude

Yeah this just isn't true. He led the team in scoring, sure. But if you think that Paul Millsap is the main reason that team won 60 games, I can't help you. That team is eerily similar to the 2003-2004 Pistons. This conversation is going nowhere. You haven't said anything about how Brown actually played to change anyone's mind. You've made this a weird argument about what I think an elite role player is. Have a good day.

in more important matters, I just realized I will have control of the title all year since there is no 100 page limit anymore 

but with cwood already changing titles of threads, adding polls, editing ops, and creating threads from posts I made I feel he is gonna have too much say

also bobby got suspended 8 games by the Bulls

1 hour ago, utley4568 said:

Yeah this just isn't true. He led the team in scoring, sure. But if you think that Paul Millsap is the main reason that team won 60 games, I can't help you. That team is eerily similar to the 2003-2004 Pistons. This conversation is going nowhere. You haven't said anything about how Brown actually played to change anyone's mind. You've made this a weird argument about what I think an elite role player is. Have a good day.

What? We both mentioned the things he's clearly improved on. How about you explain why you DONT think he's going to reach his potential?

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ya'll all lying, we all know BazeGod led that team to 60 wins......

Leonard not playing and the Spurs are still a two point favorite over the T-Wolves. That disrespect......

Should be more. Wolves shouldn’t be trusted until they actually do something. Spurs always find a way. 

24 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

What? We both mentioned the things he's clearly improved on. How about you explain why you DONT think he's going to reach his potential?

Because for him to do that, he would have to make ridiculous strides as a ballhandler and and as a passer. He's not going to develop better court vision or passing intelligence. It's just not how he plays. He's a guy who goes 100 mph all the time, and that doesn't lend itself to becoming a great passer.

As a ball handler, he doesn't have the hand-eye coordination to do it. He's going to be good. Nobody is arguing that. But those two skills are major deficiencies for him. I'm not trying to tell you guys you can't have your opinion on him. I'm just saying that I don't see the necessary traits for him to become some of what you're envisioning.

And I do think he's going to reach what I perceive as his potential.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

Because for him to do that, he would have to make ridiculous strides as a ballhandler and and as a passer. He's not going to develop better court vision or passing intelligence. It's just not how he plays. He's a guy who goes 100 mph all the time, and that doesn't lend itself to becoming a great passer.

As a ball handler, he doesn't have the hand-eye coordination to do it. He's going to be good. Nobody is arguing that. But those two skills are major deficiencies for him. I'm not trying to tell you guys you can't have your opinion on him. I'm just saying that I don't see the necessary traits for him to become some of what you're envisioning.

And I do think he's going to reach what I perceive as his potential.

Hand eye coordination can be improved...

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Is Mirotic getting suspended when he gets back? The reports I've seen say he went at Portis twice before Portis dropped him.

The man is out 4-6 weeks FFS. I think that is enough punishment for him even if he was the instigator lol.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Hand eye coordination can be improved...

It's difficult to do. Especially when mixed in with regular training. If it were easy, everyone would be an elite ball handler.

I'm sure he's putting the effort into it, but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't think it's necessary for him to reach his potential either. He's better off continuing to work on his shot and his team defense.

Archived