2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

With as stacked as the West is, I dont think 4 Warriors should be on the all star team. I get that they have the best team thing going for them, but 4 players?

I mean they are 2 games ahead of the rockets, who have beaten them twice, and no one thinks the Rockets should have more than Harden on the all star team. 

I think Thompson should be left off. He's worthy, but with as good as the West is 1/3 of the team being from Golden State is a bit too much. I guess Leonard missing most of the year makes it easier to find a place for Thompson.

But guys like Lou Williams, Devin Booker, CJ McCollum, Eric Gordon and more are going to get left out so the warriors can have 4 players. 

You have Curry/Harden/Durant/Davis/Cousins as starters

You have Westbrook/Aldridge/PG/Butler/Lillard who all should be locks, which means putting Green and Thompson fills out the roster and leaves A ton of guys out. 

But i fully expect the NBA to NBA

All 4 Warriors are more than worthy.

Houston would get 2 if Paul didn't miss 17 games.

Eric Gordon?  Seriously?

23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

All 4 Warriors are more than worthy.

Houston would get 2 if Paul didn't miss 17 games.

Eric Gordon?  Seriously?

They are worthy, but I made the argument that you should reward Dame Lillard over Klay. First option carrying squad to playoffs vs a 3rd option. Or take Dray out bc he is having a bad shooting year. 

8 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Pelicans are going to be a scary team if Solomon Hill comes back and plays defense like he did last year. They could really use a legit 3rd big too.

Yeah, a lot of people just look at our roster and think the problem would be offense but our team defense is trash. It's gotten better at times but still too inconsistent. If Solo can play that well on that end again then that + easier schedule bodes well for the rest of the season.

Alternatively, our 3 pt shooting has fell off here recently and that does not bode well. Will be interesting to see if it's just a slump or a falling back to Earth situation. 

Archived