2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

I'm going to the Raptors/Grizzlies game tomorrow and then to my buddy's annual SB party which is always a blast he prides himself as being a good host and whatnot but I am not into the SB at all it feels strange that little to no excitement has been building up for me I just honestly don't care who wins the game I hate NE but I'm not really a big fan of Philly either plus another one of my friends is an insane eagles fan and he will not stop especially if Foles wins it. 

It just feels weird my excitement might peak at 230pm on SB Sunday. 

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

No one likes John Wall.

This may be true. I've been wondering about this and they way the team plays without him. He missed like 10-12 games earlier and so far in this 6-8 week window he will be gone they are 3-0. No doubting John Wall is a great basketball player and also it's a damn small sample size but with the way they've played I think you can at least wonder if the team is better off when he doesn't play. It's a wait and see this could all flip and the bench needs an upgrade regardless and it's not like you can move forward with Santoransky as your starting PG and expect to win anything. It is odd though the team's relationship with him. 

10 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Do the Wizards hate John Wall or are they trolling? Or is talking heads making a big deal out of nothing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLKxTS1FQ2A

JJ Barea said after the game that Wall is the first guy he doesn't like, and neither do his teammates lol. There's definitely something there. Could be his personality or his playing style. I read a stat where he controls the ball the third most in the NBA behind Russ/Harden, yet he's 25th in the league in passes per game. I don't even know how that's possible. 

Two quality wins without him against OKC and Toronto. Will be interesting to see if they could continue this and what happens if they have a good record during his absence. Folks will just start taking even more shots at him. 

15 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

@champ11 rozier in his second nba start:

31 points, 6 treys, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 tos

I know, I know, you took it back when you said he was a try hard but we got errselves an all star here

haha smh. i'm still not stressing my hot take. definitely think you hold onto him over Smart though 

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

JJ Barea said after the game that Wall is the first guy he doesn't like, and neither do his teammates lol. There's definitely something there. Could be his personality or his playing style. I read a stat where he controls the ball the third most in the NBA behind Russ/Harden, yet he's 25th in the league in passes per game. I don't even know how that's possible. 

Two quality wins without him against OKC and Toronto. Will be interesting to see if they could continue this and what happens if they have a good record during his absence. Folks will just start taking even more shots at him. 

Zach Lowe wrote in an article last week that John Wall spends the most time in the entire NBA either walking or standing.

He has spent 76.57 percent of floor time either standing still or walking, the largest such share among all rotation players, according to tracking data from Second Spectrum. Dirk Nowitzki is right behind Wall, and he's almost 40.

No one likes John Wall, either his personality or playing with him.

15 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Zach Lowe wrote in an article last week that John Wall spends the most time in the entire NBA either walking or standing.

No one likes John Wall, either his personality or playing with him.

The way he was crying about how other guys made more money than him a few years ago was very telling about his personality. 

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Eric Gordon and Kevin Love out. CP3 is playing but still injuried. 

This game has lost some luster. Still I expect Lebron to go playoff Lebron tonight. Should be a good game. 

Lebron couldn’t care less right now. He might try in the first but he’ll die down after that. This is gonna be a blood bath. 

Archived