2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

Why isn't he being taken directly to a hospital????  It's obvious that he has structural damage and needs to be moved.

Because the first thing they're going to treat for is shock and making sure he's stable enough to be transported to a hospital.  Because, you know, shock can kill you.

Just now, The LBC said:

Because the first thing they're going to treat for is shock and making sure he's stable enough to be transported to a hospital.  Because, you know, shock can kill you.

My first thought was compartment syndrome.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure there's anything to indicate it's a career ender.  It's probably a season ender though.

Career alterer is possible.  I'm just speaking from the perspective of someone who had the kind of ankle injury where his foot was pointing 180 degrees in the wrong direction.  There are a lot of tiny ligaments in the ankle that have a nasty habit of not wanting to re-knit as taut when they're hyper-extended so much that there are a lot of tiny structural tears.  It becomes a range of motion issue as well as just a massive pain tolerance thing, especially when it comes to running on hard surfaces (I still can't run on pavement without pain and it's been almost 15 years since my second surgery).

Archived