2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, H2ThaIzzo said:

you must not watch the NBA much. practically every superstar player complains a lot on the court. Quite a bit of them, Draymond, Durant, Cousins, etc. take it further and get technical fouls frequently. I suppose you'd rather LeBron do that?

i think lebron deserves 100 percent more technicals than he gets but fortunately, disliking lebron is a lot easier than just him complaining on the court. and you're right, i only watch a couple games a year. 

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

But it's not a silly insult and it's a pretty serious accusation that has no place being thrown around for no reason

you can take it seriously. go ahead, run with it, report me to a mod. go with that. some guy from Ohio is making a 100% serious claim that Pats#1 is a racist. i know him so well. so serious. 

you can take it seriously. go ahead, run with it, report me to a mod. go with that. some guy from Ohio is making a 100% serious claim that Pats#1 is a racist. i know him so well. so serious. 

just don't understand why you're so defensive you're sinking to that level 

i think lebron deserves 100 percent more technicals than he gets but fortunately, disliking lebron is a lot easier than just him complaining on the court. and you're right, i only watch a couple games a year. 

it's funny, people thing he deserves more technicals but those same people are fine seeing him get hit trying to get to the hoop and not having a foul called. 

it's funny, people thing he deserves more technicals but those same people are fine seeing him get hit trying to get to the hoop and not having a foul called. 

that has no bearing on whether or not he deserves technicals for the amount of complaining he does

4 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

You really trying to assert that LeBron doesn't come out ahead overall when it comes to refs? 

just don't understand why you're so defensive you're sinking to that level 

i wish we were talking in person right now, so you could see how relaxed I currently am. I'd give you one of my local craft beers so you can lighten up and talk sports without assuming that I'm angry, or defensive, or whatever else y'all think. 

that has no bearing on whether or not he deserves technicals for the amount of complaining he does

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

You really trying to assert that LeBron doesn't come out ahead overall when it comes to refs? 

Honest truth, I have no idea what player X says to the ref vs. player Y. I know the officials are pretty trigger happy when it comes to the arm/hand motion that it was a bad call. As far as verbal stuff though, i don't know what Bron says vs what Draymond says, etc. I get why y'all would feel he should have more T's, but I think there's gotta be something that those guys say that's causing officials to respond differently. 

For the record, I hate how the game is officiated currently. Anyone catch the phantom foul call in the GSW (called against GSW) in a game last week? Dude literally tripped over his own foot and a foul was called. I wish we saw about 25% fewer fouls called per game. How many times do we have to see a defender jump straight up and the guy with the ball jump into him and the officials call a defensive foul? 

Cavs look GOOD. It's only one game, but they appear 100x more active on both ends of the floor and the chemistry seems A LOT less contentious. Will be interesting to see how they get Love integrated with this team, but I really love the small ball dynamic they have going at the moment with LeBron playing full time at the 4. With Nance or Tristan at the 5, they can literally switch on anything. Combine that with a deeper bench and better shooters; Warriors might have legit cause for concern.

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Good start by Cavs. I don’t think the Celtics are as bad as they were today and I don’t think the Cavs are as good as they were today. 

Yeah I personally wouldn’t take away anything out of this game as far as the ending. But what does stand out is we’re far more athletic and I believe I may have seen a little D :o  I thought we didn’t believe in unicorns. 

6 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Cavs look GOOD. It's only one game, but they appear 100x more active on both ends of the floor and the chemistry seems A LOT less contentious. Will be interesting to see how they get Love integrated with this team, but I really love the small ball dynamic they have going at the moment with LeBron playing full time at the 4. With Nance or Tristan at the 5, they can literally switch on anything. Combine that with a deeper bench and better shooters; Warriors might have legit cause for concern.

What? This is typical prisoner of the moment ish.

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

What? This is typical prisoner of the moment ish.

Absolutely, but you can't say they didn't look much improved from where they were a week ago. I could very well be reading too much into it, and I admit that I tend to lean on the side of optimism here. However, while the extent to which the team has improved can obviously be debated. It goes without question that this is a much better team given the players they've acquired vs the players they shipped out.

Archived