2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

8 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

I think PHI has more talent but I like the way the pieces fit together more in DEN

Yeah I guess philly is actually the nod I probably got overzealous. 

Interesting how they formed in different ways. Philly historically ranked and the Nuggets didn’t tank at all. Rebuilding is not black and white like some people act like. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Yeah I guess philly is actually the nod I probably got overzealous. 

Interesting how they formed in different ways. Philly historically ranked and the Nuggets didn’t tank at all. Rebuilding is not black and white like some people act like. 

100%. Unless you get a superstar, bad teams stay bad. If the culture and mentality is ****ed it's hard to get good even if you have a lot of nice pieces that should be putting up Ws. 

Den's in a nice spot if Murrays development stays trending.. honestly thought he was a pretty meh player that'd be a nice little fit at the 1 on Den, but yeah he's legit af. 

Den's a legit 3 away from being like a legit threat to make noise imo. And a couple years of going thru playoff battles. Hope that trio sticks together. 

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I think Philly hands down has the best young core. If Markelle Fultz actually figires something out then that is just a ridiculous young 4.

Dog the Fultz situation is legit the weirdest thing I've seen from the college to nba transition. & I get that he's hurt, but it's like wtf.. 

4 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

Dog the Fultz situation is legit the weirdest thing I've seen from the college to nba transition. & I get that he's hurt, but it's like wtf.. 

He ain't even hurt anymore, its unreal.

Video that got released this week was a bit better. This season is a wash, hopefully he gets it together this offseason. He's a big key to this team going forward (obviously) as his skillset fits exactly what we are missing (a guard who can run the PnR, shoot and run the offense when BS is out). 

19 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

He ain't even hurt anymore, its unreal.

Video that got released this week was a bit better. This season is a wash, hopefully he gets it together this offseason. He's a big key to this team going forward (obviously) as his skillset fits exactly what we are missing (a guard who can run the PnR, shoot and run the offense when BS is out). 

It’s something I’ve never seen before. Correct me if I’m wrong but due to this shoulder injury he’s basically had to learn how to shoot again as far as mechanics. This is some unprecedented stuff though.

12 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

It’s something I’ve never seen before. Correct me if I’m wrong but due to this shoulder injury he’s basically had to learn how to shoot again as far as mechanics. This is some unprecedented stuff though.

Why is he learning to shoot differently though instead of just rehabbing it? Is his shoulder perma-****ed or are they just trying to rush him back on the court? I haven't really read into it personally. 

43 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Fair enough lol

Hey, what can I say? I think Giannis paired with the right players around him (or at least the right coach) provides a higher ceiling than any of the current young cores around the league. I just think he's a championship level player by himself. Once we get a real coach in here, I think we'll take that next step. He's been unreal this year even with a crap situation and poorly constructed roster. Plus, he just turned 23 and he's already a top 5ish player in the game.

49 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Hey, what can I say? I think Giannis paired with the right players around him (or at least the right coach) provides a higher ceiling than any of the current young cores around the league. I just think he's a championship level player by himself. Once we get a real coach in here, I think we'll take that next step. He's been unreal this year even with a crap situation and poorly constructed roster. Plus, he just turned 23 and he's already a top 5ish player in the game.

no offense but I hope the bucks keep failing him. 

3 minutes ago, 49er pride said:

no offense but I hope the bucks keep failing him. 

They won't. I'd like to think they learned from the failed Kidd experiment. Just need to stop with this stupid "Bucks DNA" drafting style and we'll be fine. Really missed out on some quality prospects because of it. That's really the biggest issue I have. We can survive the stupid contracts if we draft right. 

Archived