2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

4 hours ago, champ11 said:

He's incredible at pushing the pace. Already one of the best at leading the break. His shot is a major issue, but he passes the eye test for me. His defense is also pretty nice. 

Looks like I'm going to have to lead the Lonzo hate train. I just don't see it when I watch him, never jumps out to me (besides the hideous shot) as a special player. See a guy who will only go as far as his 3 point game, not good enough elsewhere to compensate for his lack of shooting (unlike Simmons).

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

Lonzo shoots 41.2% from the field and 27% from 3 when he's covered tight (2-4 feet from defender) and 61.1% from the field and 33% from 3 when he's wide open (6+ feet from defender)

LMAO nevermind then. Not sure where  I heard that

Edit. It was from a Mike K video on youtube but the video was from the first qt of the season lol. Still, I think its more mental with him than anything

Kobe's shooting stat line those games?

vs Blazers: 49:58 MIN, 23-39 FG, 8-12 3pt FG, 11-12 FT, 65 PTS
vs Wolves: 44:33 MIN, 17-35 FG, 4-9 3pt FG, 12-14 FT, 50 PTS
vs Grizzlies: 45:11 MIN, 20-37 FG, 3-7 3pt FG, 17-18 FT, 60 PTS
vs Hornets: 46:52 MIN, 16-29 FG, 2-5 3pt FG, 16-16 FT, 50 PTS

The next 3 games after?

vs Warriors: 46:22 MIN, 15-33 FG, 4-11 3pt FG, 9-11 FT, 43 PTS
vs Grizzlies: 44:13 MIN, 7-26 FG, 3-7 3pt FG, 6-9 FT, 23 PTS
vs Rockets: 47:34 MIN, 19-44 FG, 3-9 3pt FG, 12-14 FT, 53 PTS

lmao zero fuks given

10 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Looks like I'm going to have to lead the Lonzo hate train. I just don't see it when I watch him, never jumps out to me (besides the hideous shot) as a special player. See a guy who will only go as far as his 3 point game, not good enough elsewhere to compensate for his lack of shooting (unlike Simmons).

you will have comp from me here on this one.

D Mitchell has to be a strong contender for ROY. Even though his team lost and he missed a ton of shots, his play has been quite incredible for a player that has to carry a team offensively so much night after night. That game tying shot was incredible. Utah wasn't supposed to be this good after their loss of GH and their injuries this year. The western conference is a tougher conference as well. 

Not sure how a player who went 13th for a small market team will do come voting time, but he honestly deserves the award IMO. 

Archived