2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

defrozen. There’s a reason no one respects this dude or the raptors  

Eh, home DeRozan and road DeRozan are two separate beasts. If Raptors can lockup home court, then I wouldn't be so quick to write them off. Not saying I think they'll be able to beat a Cavs team at full health, but it should at least be a more competitive series than in previous years.

Sixers have a really easy schedule down the stretch, only one good team left to play (Cavs), and more home games than away games. They could definitely make a play for the 3 seed in the East at just 1.5 back. (Remaining Opposing Win% is (.415))

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sixers have a really easy schedule down the stretch, only one good team left to play (Cavs), and more home games than away games. They could definitely make a play for the 3 seed in the East at just 1.5 back. (Remaining Opposing Win% is (.415))

• at Orlando (21-50)
  • vs. Minnesota (41-31)
  • vs. Denver (39-33)
  • vs. New York (26-46)
  • at Atlanta (21-50)
  • at Charlotte (31-41)
  • vs. Brooklyn (23-49)
  • at Detroit (32-39)
  • vs. Cleveland (42-29)
  • vs. Dallas (22-49)
  • at Atlanta (21-50)
  • vs. Milwaukee (37-34)

Italicized and underlined are the teams that are likely going to be in tank mode to secure better odds in the lottery. 

The end of the schedule set up really nicely after having a difficult schedule earlier in the year. At this point, I think I'd be disappointed if the Sixers didn't finish at least as the 4 seed.

I agree that the 3 seed is definitely in striking distance. 1.5 games back with 12 games to go against this many bad teams is very manageable.

13 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Talking about Bron right? I have him on my fantasy team. Saw he had 17 assists and then saw the INF in the A/TO category and did a double take lol.

dude is going to eliminate me for a third straight year. Two straight years going against him and one year where he felt like taking a ton of games off.

6 minutes ago, 49er pride said:

dude is going to eliminate me for a third straight year. Two straight years going against him and one year where he felt like taking a ton of games off.

I'm in a battle but his games so far are really helping lol. I've got the best team in the league, easily, but the guy I'm going against is riding a super hot streak so we'll see. Just need to win 5 cats and we move on! xD

5 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Hoping the Celtics just shut Kyrie down for the rest of the regular season tbh

tough call either way. But If Boston does "shut down Kyrie" and not having Smart, let the young guns Tatum and Brown lead the way. That experience will be priceless next year. I still feel the only thing stopping Tatum from showing he is the most "promising" rookie this year has been his usage rates co pared to the other few. But that man has played exceptionally well without Smart and Kyrie in the lineup. Opposite what some critics said about him. But come playoffs his game will rise up some more. hopefully Brown as well.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I don't blame D'Antoni calling his own guy the best offensive player ever, but it's just funny because I don't even think Harden is a top three offensive player in the league today let alone all time.

name 3 better.  Just curious.  Not saying you are wrong or anything.

Archived