2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

I hate to be that guy but I really expected Cleveland to win that game. For many reasons but mostly only small factors Raps schedule has been very packed I even saw that ESPN had this written in as a possible scheduling loss but that wasn't why. The return of Love and the let's rally around Drew were factors but it really was the last time Toronto won by 34 points on top of everything that really made me think this was a loss. 

No I missed the first half got home around 830 sorta assumed ESPN game would start at 8-810ish so being up 15 or so and then losing is kinda what is getting at me right now. Against most teams even barring a comeback attempt in feeling good about holding them off. 

Cleveland played great. Calderon was doing some things and LeBron was LeBron he didn't want to lose this game and that stretch were both teams were hitting everything Cleveland was trading 3s for 2s and I was getting worried. FVV missed a wide open 3 he always makes and I just sorta felt that was it. They still had a chance at the end so I feel alright with that. 

Poeltl was a damn beast I'm glad people got to see him do that tonight. 

LeBrons the best player in the NBA I'm okay with just giving him the MVP most years but team record is important to me. That's the only reason I'm not considering him this year. 

Also Serge Ibaka sucks I think I argued with multiple people that he was good during the playoffs last year and said all he needed was a full season with the team. He just makes stupid ridiculous plays all the time and he should never be in the game over Siakam when it matters. He's also got to be at least 5-6 years older than his listed age. He's done. 

6 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Also Serge Ibaka sucks I think I argued with multiple people that he was good during the playoffs last year and said all he needed was a full season with the team. He just makes stupid ridiculous plays all the time and he should never be in the game over Siakam when it matters. He's also got to be at least 5-6 years older than his listed age. He's done. 

he was a net negative, terrible team-culture guy in Orlando too 

13 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

he was a net negative, terrible team-culture guy in Orlando too 

Yea pretty much. I just figured he gave up in Orlando was my big justification. I'm still not gonna say I wouldn't have done the trade. I liked the idea of taking the swing it just didn't work I didn't get who I thought I was getting. 

He's a pretty consistent 2/8 with 1 sports centre highlight of the night style block a game guy. I can't remember the last good game he had he also has games where he's seemingly decided before tip off that he's only going to shoot 3's. He isn't a great rebounder. He has a temper and can go off the rails at just about anything at any time. 

The first quarter is seemingly his best quarter sometimes he'll be 2/3 from 3 with 1-2 blocks and I'll get sucked in for a second then he goes 0-7 the rest of the game and a stupid tech. 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Talking about Bron right? I have him on my fantasy team. Saw he had 17 assists and then saw the INF in the A/TO category and did a double take lol.

Yep, dude has high assist games fairly often, but also a lot of turnovers. But to do that with no turnovers and still drop 35? Crazy. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, dude has high assist games fairly often, but also a lot of turnovers. But to do that with no turnovers and still drop 35? Crazy. 

He's 33 years old and having, arguably, the best year of his career. Dude is The Terminator. Played over 1130 games and almost 44,000 minutes and he's still borderline unstoppable. He's a tank and a half.

8 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Talking about Bron right? I have him on my fantasy team. Saw he had 17 assists and then saw the INF in the A/TO category and did a double take lol.

oh, I was so  lost when I read that. I checked the Spurs boxscore and saw they had 15 TOs. Thought they got all 17 of their assists in a row after having 15 TOs lol.

Archived