2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Toronto’s playing its worst basketball of the season right now. Need to go at least 1-1 in this Cleveland/Boston back-to-back for some kind of momentum. It seems like they checked out right when I checked out and declared the rest of the regular season irrelevant to me. 

More and more talking heads are starting to favor the Rockets over the Warriors. I know Bovada has the Warriors as the slight favorites but close to a pick-em. Folks didn't think this Warriors team would be challenged in the next few years with KD, but looks like the Rockets may change that. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

More and more talking heads are starting to favor the Rockets over the Warriors. I know Bovada has the Warriors as the slight favorites but close to a pick-em. Folks didn't think this Warriors team would be challenged in the next few years with KD, but looks like the Rockets may change that. 

The health is huge. Hard to believe Curry is going to be 100% in the playoffs. Even Klay's injury seems tough to just immediately bounce back from. 

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

The health is huge. Hard to believe Curry is going to be 100% in the playoffs. Even Klay's injury seems tough to just immediately bounce back from. 

Klay has already returned and is looking like his usual self, same with KD. 

It just comes down to Steph. I think the team isn't going to rush him even if it means missing some of the 2nd round. If he takes the full six weeks or close to it, he should be close to 100%. If not, then obviously a totally different ball game. 

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I honestly think the Thunder have the best chance to beat the Warriors if they meet in a 2/7 match up. A fully healthy warriors team isn’t losing. I want to believe in the rockets but I’ve been burned too many times. I can’t handle anymore Lillard buzzer 3s, last second loses in the CF or Harden Game 6s. ?

This is going to be a huge postseason for Harden. Far too often he has had suspect moments where it is fair to question him. Even if the Rockets end up losing to the Warriors, he better play to that regular season MVP level. 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is going to be a huge postseason for Harden. Far too often he has had suspect moments where it is fair to question him. Even if the Rockets end up losing to the Warriors, he better play to that regular season MVP level. 

There was nothing suspicious about his playoff failure. He straight up choked. And it will end all the same this year. There’s no way Chris Paul will stay healthy all post season and harden will fold. 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

no excuses this time around.  got his help (paul), better defenders (luc, tucker), and the west after the rockets and gs isn't scary. 

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There was nothing suspicious about his playoff failure. He straight up choked. And it will end all the same this year. There’s no way Chris Paul will stay healthy all post season and harden will fold. 

how do you know paul wont stay healthy? rockets do even need paul round 1 and they still will advance to round 2.

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lets see, but they pretty much have everything you need to win a title. Deep ball club with a MVP, another superstar, multiple wing defenders, a good big man and a guy come off the bench that could get his shot at any time. Again, the Rockets could lose to the Warriors that's fine, but Harden has to ball. 

Archived