Raiders bring back Richie Incognito

agarcia34

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That report about our OL revolting is such BS. 

I was literally saying this.  I read the article.  We couldn't afford G. Jackson, T. Brown, and R. Hudson.  Not if we were going to seriously try to revamp the defense.  G. Jackson and T. Brown were clearly overpaid, and paying any C the amount we were paying Hudson was just a little too much.  We needed to cut the salary of the OL in half and shift it towards the defense.  We all wanted it until it started happening, then a bunch of posters panicked, and now things are starting to make sense again.  Good and Inc are cheaper, starting caliber players.  We're doing good.  Just need to find a serviceable C (between 24-28 years old) at an affordable price (5-7M per season) that we can lock up for 2-3 years.

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

NO WAY LOL. Could it be that in one day all the starters came back in one day except one that didn't want to be here right before for 1 oclock?lol

Now let's watch how the narrative change to "Why are the raiders re-signing all the 30+ year old lineman?" lol

Give it a rest. Incognito can hardly be relied on coming off injury at his age. 

40 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Pelissero :

The #Raiders are re-signing guard Richie Incognito to a one-year deal worth up to $2.62 million, including $1.1M guaranteed, per source.

This is a great deal.  Even if he goes down again it has minimal impact cap wise and allows us more money to build depth.  exactly how we should structure all of our high risk vets.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

love that contract for Richie

also, any depth chart projection that has James penciled in as starter makes me sick

Same. I want to see a vet signed there and if James beats him out, so be it. I'm genuinely puzzled how people in here are penciling him in like he's proved something already.