If the Packers struggle without Rodgers, is it an indictment on Ted Thompson?

RoellPreston88

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Do you doomsday guys like sit around on game day and imagine like the rest of the forum has woken up, said their prayers to Mark Murphy, bowed at the statues of TT and then made some sort of sacrificial ritual at the life size painting of Mac we have hung on our walls all in the name of victory for the almighty Packers?

Must be a shame only you guys can see the light and all us sheep are clueless!!!

Jason Wilde, is that you?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Do you doomsday guys like sit around on game day and imagine like the rest of the forum has woken up, said their prayers to Mark Murphy, bowed at the statues of TT and then made some sort of sacrificial ritual at the life size painting of Mac we have hung on our walls all in the name of victory for the almighty Packers?

Must be a shame only you guys can see the light and all us sheep are clueless!!!

3-9-1 without ARod in 2013 & 2017. 

Other than blind faith, I have a hard time understanding why Ted and Mike would not be coming in for criticism.

But it sure is interesting seeing all the creative ways the fans of Ted & Mike come up with to defend them from any and all criticism for the Pack's stinky play without #12 around.

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

Other than blind faith, I have a hard time understanding why Ted and Mike would not be coming in for criticism.

But it sure is interesting seeing all the creative ways the fans of Ted & Mike come up with to defend them from any and all criticism for the Pack's stinky play without #12 around.

I have 4-8-1 but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Outside of perhaps NE name me a team that doesn't struggle when their starting QB goes down.

i guess I just don't understand why MM and especially TT seem to be infallible by a small but vocal population.

And they aren't even rational. A typical post goes like this: 

Fan: "I think TT should have done a better job securing a veteran at the backup QB position"

TT fan: "WHAT?!? Name ONE team who wouldn't suck w/o their QB, now!! You want all pros at every position!!"

-Or-

Fan: "I think TT should put pressure on MM to relieve Dom of his duties."

TT fan: "WHAT?!?! Are you in those defensive meetings?? Do you know whats going on?? NO!"

Its just pointless to talk to TT stans at this point, its a cult of personality type of thing now.

Just now, RoellPreston88 said:

"Aside from the Vikings and Patriots, name a team who doesn't collapse with out their QB"

Goalposts keep shifting.

I didn't say the above quote.

Mine would be, name a team built around a franchise QB who can survive the loss of their franchise QB?

Colts are awesome without Luck, the Bucs have been great minus Winston, Dolphins are on fire without Tannehill, the Palmer-less Cardinals are elite, the Titans dominated in those games without Mariota.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Mine would be, name a team built around a franchise QB who can survive the loss of their franchise QB?

Colts are awesome without Luck, the Bucs have been great minus Winston, Dolphins are on fire without Tannehill, the Palmer-less Cardinals are elite, the Titans dominated in those games without Mariota.

This is what I meant by a team struggling without their franchise QB.   MN is built around their defense.   

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

2012-13 - Foles stepped in for Vick

2002 - AJ Feely went 4-1 when McNabb was hurt

1999 - Warner won the SB for the Rams when Green went down

1994 - Scott Mitchell for Miami when Marino got hurt

2000 - Trent Green won the SB after replacing Tony Banks

1998 - Bills are 1-3, Flutie comes in and they finish 10-6

1998 - Randall Cunningham filled in for Brad Johnson in Week 2, 15-1 NFC Championship

2004 - Ben Roethlisberger went 13-0 filling in for Maddox, went to AFCCG

2000 - Tom Brady when Bledsoe got hurt

1992 - Favre when Magik got hurt

2002 - Rams start 0-4, Marc Bulger comes in and they finish 7-9, Bulger went 6-0.

2012 - Kaepernick lead the 49ers to the SB after Smith got hurt/benched

2006 - Garcia went 5-1 and won a playoff game when McNabb got hurt

2016 - Dak Prescott when Romo got hurt

2010 - Mike Vick in for Kevin Kolb in Philly

1992 - Frank Reich leads the Bills back from 32 down in the playoffs

2003 - Jake Delhomme filling in for Rodney peat, lead Carolina to the SB

2002 - Chad Pennington went 8-2 after the Jets started 1-4 w Testaverde

Yup, backup QBs always suck, you're right.

I can continue if you aren't too embarrassed yet?

1 minute ago, RoellPreston88 said:

2012-13 - Foles stepped in for Vick

1999 - Warner won the SB for the Rams when Green went down

1994 - Scott Mitchell for Miami when Marino got hurt

2000 - Trent Green won the SB after replacing Tony Banks

1998 - Bills are 1-3, Flutie comes in and they finish 10-6

1998 - Randall Cunningham filled in for Brad Johnson in Week 2, 15-1 NFC Championship

2004 - Ben Roethlisberger went 13-0 filling in for Maddox, went to AFCCG

2000 - Tom Brady when Bledsoe got hurt

1992 - Favre when Magik got hurt

I can continue if you aren't to embarrassed yet?

Lol at these picks.

Archived