If the Packers struggle without Rodgers, is it an indictment on Ted Thompson?

RoellPreston88

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Please change thread title to include: Jones, Monty, bulaga, whomever Spriggs was playing for because I can't even keep track of all the injuries anymore, King, Burnett, Matthews, Clark, etc etc etc.

And the answer remains 'no'.

Injuries weren't that big a factor today. The fact that 25m dollars worth of our offense did about as much as you or I did and Hundley completely fell off the cliff was the difference.

Ted has ignored the skills and it shows. Hundley would definitely be better if he had more than 1 WR.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Injuries weren't that big a factor today. The fact that 25m dollars worth of our offense did about as much as you or I did and Hundley completely fell off the cliff was the difference.

Ted has ignored the skills and it shows. Hundley would definitely be better if he had more than 1 WR.

Hundley is legit terrible.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Vikings are built the same as we are, good comp.

LIS, the apologists will get creative.

Pugger's question was, which team (besides NE) does not struggle without their starting QB?  Obvious answer = Vikes. 

Now you want to ignore that reality, and come back that the teams are not built the same. 

Keep shifting those goalposts.

And while shifting the posts to defend TT & MM tell this board, which team the PACKERS or the VIKINGS have more money devoted to the QB position in 2017?

Just now, RoellPreston88 said:

2012-13 - Foles stepped in for Vick

1999 - Warner won the SB for the Rams when Green went down

1994 - Scott Mitchell for Miami when Marino got hurt

2000 - Trent Green won the SB after replacing Tony Banks

1998 - Bills are 1-3, Flutie comes in and they finish 10-6

1998 - Randall Cunningham filled in for Brad Johnson in Week 2, 15-1 NFC Championship

2004 - Ben Roethlisberger went 13-0 filling in for Maddox, went to AFCCG

2000 - Tom Brady when Bledsoe got hurt

1992 - Favre when Magik got hurt

I can continue if you aren't to embarrassed yet?

Possible is not the same as probable. Many more fail than succeed. You need to take an honest look at the entire sample size, but I know the only thing people know how to do these days is cherrypick 

19 minutes ago, RoellPreston88 said:

i guess I just don't understand why MM and especially TT seem to be infallible by a small but vocal population.

And they aren't even rational. A typical post goes like this: 

Fan: "I think TT should have done a better job securing a veteran at the backup QB position"

TT fan: "WHAT?!? Name ONE team who wouldn't suck w/o their QB, now!! You want all pros at every position!!"

-Or-

Fan: "I think TT should put pressure on MM to relieve Dom of his duties."

TT fan: "WHAT?!?! Are you in those defensive meetings?? Do you know whats going on?? NO!"

Its just pointless to talk to TT stans at this point, its a cult of personality type of thing now.

The difference is, I didn't want a vet QB in March because I was fine with Hundley and so were you.

Now he's not good, but I'm not going to condemn a GM for not making a move that I wouldn't have made, you will.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Well, having run zero support doesn't help the backup lineman protect the backup QB is my point.

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

LIS, the apologists will get creative.

Pugger's question was, which team (besides NE) does not struggle without their starting QB?  Obvious answer = Vikes. 

Now you want to ignore that reality, and come back that the teams are not built the same. 

Keep shifting those goalposts.

And while shifting the posts to defend TT & MM tell this board, which team the PACKERS or the VIKINGS have more money devoted to the QB position in 2017?

Apologist, lol after I spent the whole game criticizing Ted for the lack of talent on offense. Good one.

No I don't compare us to the Vikings because I'm not an agenda pushing poster who doesn't contribute anything worthwhile.

Ted has built a roster that runs entirely through Aaron, and Mac has gone right along with them. If they got fired for it I won't argue as I said. Keep calling me an apologist though, I know you guys have to prop yourselves up like you know something the rest of the fan base doesn't.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Well, having run zero support doesn't help the backup lineman protect the backup QB is my point.

I think Mike again abandoned the run too soon, especially after Mays fumbled.  It made us one dimensional and that made it even harder for Hundley to function back there.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The difference is, I didn't want a vet QB in March because I was fine with Hundley and so were you.

Now he's not good, but I'm not going to condemn a GM for not making a move that I wouldn't have made, you will.

You are right, I was fine w QB spot in March. 

As soon as Rodgers got hurt, if they had signed a backup, he could have spent 2-3 weeks learning the playbook. If Hundley turned out to suck (and he does) there is a change the vet could have kept the team around .500 until Rodgers came back. 

Its too late to sign a vet now.

Just now, RoellPreston88 said:

You are right, I was fine w QB spot in March. 

As soon as Rodgers got hurt, if they had signed a backup, he could have spent 2-3 weeks learning the playbook. If Hundley turned out to suck (and he does) there is a change the vet could have kept the team around .500 until Rodgers came back. 

Its too late to sign a vet now.

Kaepernick and Schaub, there were your options. Riveting.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol nobody does that second thing he said either. 

Archived