Week 7: Tennessee Titans (3-3) @ Cleveland Browns (0-6)

titansNvolsR#1

How many posters will talk about firing the staff at before halftime?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many posters will talk about firing the staff at before halftime?

• >90%
    • >70%
    • >50%
    • <50%

20 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

bad team beats worse team

zero expectations for this team the rest of the year

You've quit on the team like 5 times already this year man.

Need to just internalize it instead of continuously posting it because you know as well as I do in 2 weeks you'll be back watching them play vs Baltimore.

I will say one positive is Mariota was clearly not his best today not that he was bad but you can tell he’s still hurting but games like last year vs Indy and the Jags until he was hurt when he was bad we didn’t have much of a chance to win the games we hung around but came out on the losing end and today he did enough not to lose the game because he had no turnovers and the defense helped out big. It’s nice to see us win a game we would have normally lost in the past 

Positives:
We are in 1st place in the AFC South currently after 7 games.
We have a much needed bye coming up to get people healthy and hopefully see Corey Davis return.
The AFC has nobody running away with it. 
If Playoffs started today,  We'd be hosting Buffalo as the 4th seed.  (Music City Miracle part 2?)

We SHOULD have at least 5 more wins. But with this offense/defense it's not a sure thing.  

50 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

You've quit on the team like 5 times already this year man.

Need to just internalize it instead of continuously posting it because you know as well as I do in 2 weeks you'll be back watching them play vs Baltimore.

i’m not saying i won’t be watching the games- i’m just significantly less inclined to expect anything out of them until we have a staff that understands how to use its players

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i’m not saying i won’t be watching the games- i’m just significantly less inclined to expect anything out of them until we have a staff that understands how to use its players

There was some bad playcalls but some of those calls would have looked a lot better if players made catches/throws/tackles/runs/blocks when the opportunity presented itself.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

There was some bad playcalls but some of those calls would have looked a lot better if players made catches/throws/tackles/runs/blocks when the opportunity presented itself.

Yeah, we win this game by multiple scores if the players could execute, bad play calls or not.

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If you think we've got it bad, check out Gregg Doyel's column on the Colts, it's absolutely brutal:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/10/22/colts-pointing-fingers-clueless-t-y-hilton-and-hopeless-colts/786085001/

Everyone in the league, or AFC has at least 2 losses and some of those losses are very bad.  
Steelers had a terrible loss to the Jags. And a loss to the Bears.
Raiders 3-4.
So we are right in the middle of things. We've laid an egg in Houston and had an ugly loss (robbed) with Cassel as QB to the Dolphins. Won an ugly game with today. 

Just gotta stack up wins. Don't care how we get them. 

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Henry had arguably the worst game of his career. But I will just never understand how we  kept slamming our heads against the wall on first down. Mariota thrived in the PA game on Monday and the Browns have a bad secondary, yet we refused to attack on first down.

For the sake of discussion, I just did the math. Here are our first down results:

Running: 19 attempts, 61 yards with 1 holding call that wiped out a 3 yard gain. So technically, we ran 19 times for a net total of 48 yards on first down. 2.52 yards per attempt.

Passing: 6-10, 69 yards. 6.9 yards per attempt.

When a team is constantly stacking the box, running the ball twice as often as you throw it on first down is just mind-numbingly stupid.The total run:pass split doesn't look bad, but that's because we were consistently behind the chains due to blindly throwing a back into an 8 or 9 man box and setting up 2nd and 10 or worse.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Henry had arguably the worst game of his career. But I will just never understand how we  kept slamming our heads against the wall on first down. Mariota thrived in the PA game on Monday and the Browns have a bad secondary, yet we refused to attack on first down.

For the sake of discussion, I just did the math. Here are our first down results:

Running: 19 attempts, 61 yards with 1 holding call that wiped out a 3 yard gain. So technically, we ran 19 times for a net total of 48 yards on first down. 2.52 yards per attempt.

Passing: 6-10, 69 yards. 6.9 yards per attempt.

When a team is constantly stacking the box, running the ball twice as often as you throw it on first down is just mind-numbingly stupid.The total run:pass split doesn't look bad, but that's because we were consistently behind the chains due to blindly throwing a back into an 8 or 9 man box and setting up 2nd and 10 or worse.

I didn't know this, but the Browns have a top 10 run defense. Maybe because everyone knows their secondary isn't good?  So we tried to go right at their strength and we lost the battle. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

I didn't know this, but the Browns have a top 10 run defense. Maybe because everyone knows their secondary isn't good?  So we tried to go right at their strength and we lost the battle. 

That's my biggest problem about all of it. The Browns run defense is solid. Certainly capable. Yet they've gotten torched in the passing game and were missing clearly their best cornerback. This was a game that should have been built around going uptempo, letting Marcus work from the shotgun and try to take advantage of their secondary. Even if Mariota wasn't exactly at his sharpest today, he was also given no shot to get into a rhythm. We were just constantly throwing on downs where the defense knew we had to pass.

There was a stretch of nine first-down runs where we netted a total of 1 yard in the middle of the game. Because the Browns were selling out against the run (which, again, is one of the few things they are good at) and we were more than happy to oblige by running straight into the teeth of their defense.

Credit LeBeau for having his guys ready. Defense allowed three field goals (including one where Cleveland got the ball already in FG range and another where a struggling kicker hit a 54 yarder) and forced three turnovers. Can't ask for much more.

Archived