Week 7: Tennessee Titans (3-3) @ Cleveland Browns (0-6)

titansNvolsR#1

How many posters will talk about firing the staff at before halftime?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many posters will talk about firing the staff at before halftime?

• >90%
    • >70%
    • >50%
    • <50%

I can’t pretend to know what’s going to happen but this team should take off offensively starting with Baltimore. Corey Davis adds the it factor we are missing. Davis back pushes Decker to the slot where he will be more effective. Taylor is making plays when his number is called. Davis just needs to stay healthy. 

10 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I'm just hoping our offense gets it together after the bye. That's been the most disappointing thing for me, so far this season.

Still waiting for us to spread things out and go to no huddle. I'm losing hope that we'll see that this year.

I get a strange feeling that there may be some conflict of interest stirring pretty soon with J-Rob and the coaching staff.  We didn't draft Corey Davis, Taywan Taylor, Jonnu Smith along with signing Eric Decker just to keep doing all of this smashmouth conservative shiznit.  We equipped this offense with weapons for Mariota to have a serious passing attack, and I'm expecting to start seeing a lot of that, along with the power running, in the 2nd half of the season.  If we don't, I believe JR will want to make some changes with the staff.

1 minute ago, Dionysus said:

I get a strange feeling that there may be some conflict of interest stirring pretty soon with J-Rob and the coaching staff.  We didn't draft Corey Davis, Taywan Taylor, Jonnu Smith along with signing Eric Decker just to keep doing all of this smashmouth conservative shiznit.  We equipped this offense with weapons for Mariota to have a serious passing attack, and I'm expecting to start seeing a lot of that, along with the power running, in the 2nd half of the season.  If we don't, I believe JR will want to make some changes with the staff.

I get we want to be a smashmouth team but this felt like the perfect game to open things up, passing wise. The Browns came into the game with a stout run defense and a very bad pass defense(plus they were without 2 starters in the secondary). Why not spread things out and attack their weakness?

If our offense continues to struggle this year, it'll be interesting to see if we make any changes to the coaching staff(ahem...Robiskie).

37 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

The guy of the guy says Murlakey isn't happy with the offense. Suggest changes at OC and playcalling could take place.  lol

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The guy of the guy says Murlakey isn't happy with the offense. Suggest changes at OC and playcalling could take place.  lol

I don't understand this personally. Mularkey is an offensive coach, has OC experience. If he's not happy with the offense/play calling, why doesn't he just tell Robiskie to change it? I mean Robiskie isn't gonna tell him no, is he?

15 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I don't understand this personally. Mularkey is an offensive coach, has OC experience. If he's not happy with the offense/play calling, why doesn't he just tell Robiskie to change it? I mean Robiskie isn't gonna tell him no, is he?

Dunno. Liking the offense, but not feeling like it's taking full advantage of all the weapons? 

Just now, KingTitan said:

Dunno. Liking the offense, but not feeling like it's taking full advantage of all the weapons? 

He stands on the sideline every game with a play sheet clearly talking with some coach(robiskie or whoever assists robiskie in the booth), he has full say over offensive play calling. If he isn't happy with it then he should change it himself. I can't buy being upset with it, that's no reason for that.

14 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

He stands on the sideline every game with a play sheet clearly talking with some coach(robiskie or whoever assists robiskie in the booth), he has full say over offensive play calling. If he isn't happy with it then he should change it himself. I can't buy being upset with it, that's no reason for that.

Most head coaches don't do that, though. They hire OC's for a reason. If Mularkey is going to call the plays anyway, then why have him there? That's why you wait until you're unhappy, talk about it in a meeting, and if it doesn't get changed, you replace said OC. Same thing with any boss to employee almost anywhere imaginable.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Most head coaches don't do that, though. They hire OC's for a reason. If Mularkey is going to call the plays anyway, then why have him there? That's why you wait until you're unhappy, talk about it in a meeting, and if it doesn't get changed, you replace said OC. Same thing with any boss to employee almost anywhere imaginable.

The point I'm making is Mularkey is clearly giving input on play calling throughout the game. If he's not been happy with the play calling through the season, he's had every chance to put more of his influence in to it week by week and has yet to do it. That'd be pretty bizarre.

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm guessing that Mularkey doesn't want to step on Robiskie's toes, and trying to give him every chance to get it together.  I'm guessing if we don't start opening things up after Corey Davis gets back, we might start seeing dissension in the ranks.  I don't understand why don't we use Taywan Taylor more often.  The kid's got the skills to make the plays.

54 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I'm not yet willing to give PK money, but I wish I knew who this article referred to. I'm guessing Lewan. PK seems to have a quality relationship with him.

Damnit I want to know now too. Why did you have to post that.xD

13 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well our defense isn't focused around either player, it will hurt having them out but it shouldn't make a huge difference. We'll probably have to hold you to single digits to win though so it probably doesn't matter at all.

We held you to single digits in regulation...and still lost.

Archived