Week 7: Tennessee Titans (3-3) @ Cleveland Browns (0-6)

titansNvolsR#1

How many posters will talk about firing the staff at before halftime?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many posters will talk about firing the staff at before halftime?

• >90%
    • >70%
    • >50%
    • <50%

6 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Henry had arguably the worst game of his career. But I will just never understand how we  kept slamming our heads against the wall on first down. Mariota thrived in the PA game on Monday and the Browns have a bad secondary, yet we refused to attack on first down.

For the sake of discussion, I just did the math. Here are our first down results:

Running: 19 attempts, 61 yards with 1 holding call that wiped out a 3 yard gain. So technically, we ran 19 times for a net total of 48 yards on first down. 2.52 yards per attempt.

Passing: 6-10, 69 yards. 6.9 yards per attempt.

When a team is constantly stacking the box, running the ball twice as often as you throw it on first down is just mind-numbingly stupid.The total run:pass split doesn't look bad, but that's because we were consistently behind the chains due to blindly throwing a back into an 8 or 9 man box and setting up 2nd and 10 or worse.

You expect the Titans to game plan against their opponents?

You sweet summer child.

Early morning thought. This condensed offense is so frustrating to me. There's so many(too many) plays where we're playing so tight and only have 2-3 guys running routes. This requires Mariota to pretty much have to place a perfect throw for these plays. I'm not the biggest Cian Fahey fan but he does a pretty good job pointing this out.

I don't know... it feels like we have the modern 21st century prototype at QB but we're limiting him and the offensive talent in a 20th century offense. "Exotic Smashmouth" is a fun nickname and looks great when working, but I have my reservation about the offense.

9 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Early morning thought. This condensed offense is so frustrating to me. There's so many(too many) plays where we're playing so tight and only have 2-3 guys running routes. This requires Mariota to pretty have to place a perfect throw for these plays. I'm not the biggest Cian Fahey fan but he does a pretty good job pointing this out.

I don't know... it feels like we have the modern 21st century prototype at QB but we're limiting him and the offensive talent in a 20th century offense. "Exotic Smashmouth" is a fun nickname and looks great when working, but I have my reservation about the offense.

Mariota is the definition of a finesse, modern day QB.  Mularkey treats him like he’s kordell Stewart.

In venturing over to the Browns forum this week, I noticed quite a few posters calling for Hue Jackson to be fired. If he were fired, I feel like he would be a great option to pair with Marcus. After failed stints with the Raiders and Browns (if he’s fired), I have to think he would be downgraded to being a coordinator. 

An offense similar to what he ran with Dalton and the Bengals would be amazing. 

1 hour ago, TwoToneBlue said:

In venturing over to the Browns forum this week, I noticed quite a few posters calling for Hue Jackson to be fired. If he were fired, I feel like he would be a great option to pair with Marcus. After failed stints with the Raiders and Browns (if he’s fired), I have to think he would be downgraded to being a coordinator. 

An offense similar to what he ran with Dalton and the Bengals would be amazing. 

I think the Falcons will make a strong push for him if Sarkisian doesn't turn it around.

I used to hate Kuharsky during my super homer days but as time went on I’ve grown to really appreciate his work. Calling out the bs of Mularkey saying this was “a good win”. Also calling the pass-rush pretty much a joke throughout the year and the excuse of mobile QBs is bs. Mad respect for him

I wasn't able to catch any of this game... But that's probably for the best, right? (Sirius seriously pissed me off though... Had some games with multiple broadcasts, but didn't have the Titans game at all. 

Anyway... Read some of the stuff that Mularkey is looking to take over playcalling. I'm for it, why not... He's been amazing at it in Pitt and Atlanta... Its probably the sole reason he's had multiple chances at HC gigs. I mentioned it earlier in the week that the Browns were the top per play rush defense in the NFL... I dont understand how or why Robiskie still tried to pound it out from the get go. I get how we're built, I get the boxing/ body punch example, but he has to be flexible and attack a teams weaknesses.

Not sure what to make of the D... Sounds like they had a good game, but it was against the Brownies. I've been saying for weeks that the defense is better than most give them credit for. These game day threads are viruses, expecting every play to be successful. Every team in the NFL would fail undrler those standards... But overall, they've been better than I expected, considering the pieces brought in to "fix" the issues. PFF took it a bit too far calling it a "suffocating unit". What?!?!

Of note, something in found interesting... More than half the Browns losses have come by exactly 3 points... Including to the Steelers and now the Titans. 

And as far as coaching changes, I stand by my feelings that barring a total collapse (anything < 7 wins) or a deep playoff run (AFCCG?), Mularkey and staff are going into next year as lame ducks.

That makes it hard to make serious changes to the staff. I welcome/love the idea of Hue or Riley (OU) at OC, but its a hard sell with a lame duck HC.

The alternative (barring a change or extension of Mularkey) is naming Michaels as OC. The offense sucked when he was OC, but honestly, how much really lays at Michaels' feet... Whiz was clearly acting OC during his time here.

I understand the offense isn't at full strength... Mariota is clearly affected, and we can't run our entire offensive package... Davis was clearly an important piece of our offense and we've definitely missed his explosiveness... Murray and Delanie also haven't been themselves, clearly. Those are 4 key pieces to the offense... And integral especially in the red zone.

Its not exactly fair to expect flawless results given all those key pieces being limited... But the OC needs to put his players in better positions to be more successful especially during these times. 

35 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I wasn't able to catch any of this game... But that's probably for the best, right? (Sirius seriously pissed me off though... Had some games with multiple broadcasts, but didn't have the Titans game at all. 

Anyway... Read some of the stuff that Mularkey is looking to take over playcalling. I'm for it, why not... He's been amazing at it in Pitt and Atlanta... Its probably the sole reason he's had multiple chances at HC gigs. I mentioned it earlier in the week that the Browns were the top per play rush defense in the NFL... I dont understand how or why Robiskie still tried to pound it out from the get go. I get how we're built, I get the boxing/ body punch example, but he has to be flexible and attack a teams weaknesses.

Not sure what to make of the D... Sounds like they had a good game, but it was against the Brownies. I've been saying for weeks that the defense is better than most give them credit for. These game day threads are viruses, expecting every play to be successful. Every team in the NFL would fail undrler those standards... But overall, they've been better than I expected, considering the pieces brought in to "fix" the issues. PFF took it a bit too far calling it a "suffocating unit". What?!?!

Of note, something in found interesting... More than half the Browns losses have come by exactly 3 points... Including to the Steelers and now the Titans. 

You know that is amazing about the Browns.... And local radio had predicted that we'd win by 3 because of that trend.
It's been every other week, where they have lost by 3. 
They'd lose by 3 then lose by a touchdown or more.

Week one -Steelers lost by 3
Week two lost to Ravens by 14
Week three lost to Colts by 3
Week four lost to Bengals by 24
Week five lost to  Jets by 3
Week six lost to Texans by 16
Week seven lost to Titans by 3

I'm not a betting man, but I'd bet money the Browns lose to the Vikings by at least 14.  LoL

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I used to hate Kuharsky during my super homer days but as time went on I’ve grown to really appreciate his work. Calling out the bs of Mularkey saying this was “a good win”. Also calling the pass-rush pretty much a joke throughout the year and the excuse of mobile QBs is bs. Mad respect for him

Same. Ever since he has done his own thing away from ESPN he has really stepped up. I've grown to like him.

Archived