News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

20 hours ago, e16bball said:

Curtis Samuel on the PUP list to start camp, a lingering groin injury being the root cause. 

The locals are framing it as minor — not a huge shocker, because these guys have become more cheerleaders than journalists lately — but hopefully that’s accurate. He opens things up for us on offense, and it will take a little time to figure out how best to deploy these guys together. Especially guys like Gibson, McKissic, and Samuel who have extremely similar skillsets.

Being that Samuel is on the PUP list and not just missing a day or two with his lingering groin issue, I’d say it’s something and more than just “minor.” In defense of the local reporters, if Rivera tells them that Samuel’s groin injury is minor that’s what they are going to and should report.

They can’t report “Coach Rivera says that Samuel’s groin injury is minor, but I think he’s lying bc he’s on PUP and I know more than the coach!” 😂 

They're just reporting the information that Rivera/the team is giving them.

Edited by turtle28

58 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Richmond Writer said "James Smith-Williams played fasts and physical throughtout the session ". More D-Line depth. He could brake out this year-physically gifted  !

I hope so. It’s a good sign. Could be another reason why we didn’t re-sign Kerrigan, sign another DE or draft a DE before round 7.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I know they like Toohill too, so we'll see!

I think Smith-Williams is your more all around DE and Toohill is your 3rd/4th guy who’s just a pass rusher but not much of a run defender but we’ll see . I look forward to seeing who steps of our young DEs in camp & preseason. We have some guys there, should be good competition between  Bada, Bradley-Kong, Smith-Williams, Toney and Toohill.

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I am honestly worried we're going to lose games.

All the high and warranted expectations to do well this year for this team could all go down very fast. Ioannidis was seen at arms length from Rivera. He had a mask on but come on this is crazy to risk your own and other people’s health  

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

31 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

All the high and warranted expectations to do well this year for this team could all go down very fast. Ioannidis was seen at arms length from Rivera. He had a mask on but come on this is crazy to risk your own and other people’s health  

That’s more than an arms length. Now, of course it’s concerning and it’s not a full 6 feet apart but I’d say it’s about 4 feet, maybe apart.

It’s a huge concern that we now have 3 players on the COVID list and it’s the 3rd day of training camp, and one of them - Ioannidis- practiced today.

Aren’t they rapid testing these guys daily?

There’s no way Ioannidis should’ve been there. He should’ve been isolated  in his hotel room.

Edited by turtle28

45 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I am honestly worried we're going to lose games.

The train is quickly going off the tracks man! I guess the only silver lining is that it’s the 3rd day of training camp and not the regular season. Having some guys get Covid early in training camp sucks, but it’s not as bad as them getting it during the season. And, Curtis & Ioannidis will have the antibodies now.