News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Not sure where else to put this, because the game thread is locked, but at some point don’t you have to consider forfeiting this game if they’re going to make us play it as scheduled? 

There’s no way we beat even a deeply mediocre team like Philly with all these guys out. They are going to crunch us. So at what point does the benefit of playing the game get outweighed by the downside of putting the few healthy guys we have left at risk for injury?

I was hoping they would move us to Monday night at least and give us a day.

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The owners would probably have to return some money for tickets, so I doubt they allow us to forfeit. 

Yeah, I’m sure we’d have to have a team take the field. 

But I think there is a way to functionally forfeit the game without actually refusing to take the field. Make all the starters inactive (or just don’t play them, if you need bodies to fill out the active roster) and bring back all the old familiar names off the practice squad and from preseason. They’ll be conversant enough with the playbook that they could at least get through the game. 

Everybody has wanted to see Steven Montez — this is the chance. Pluck that boy off the Lions’ practice squad and turn him loose on 3 days notice. Let him become a star!

To me it’s obvious that Washington did not do enough to slow the spread of Covid after a few players got it. They should’ve went to zoom meetings & no one come to the facility. Makes it hard to say the game should be postponed when more could’ve been done to slow the spread.

7 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

1st year of Curtis Samuel has been a big waste. Not practicing or very limited this week and we could use him especially with all the issues we’re having. So far we’re paying on potential. 

You have to wonder if the smart thing would be to put him on IR and wait until next year.  If not just for him, but his constant ready->not ready-> ready cycle and changing who gets reps at WR has to be a bit disruptive for the rest of the offense.  

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If Kyle Shurmur is available Sunday, and ISN'T the guy starting the game even though he's been here since September... WHY IN THE HELL IS HE EVEN ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD? 

Like how can you trust a guy on his 8th team signed this morning over Kyle? THAT IS SAD.

Gilbert was on Carolina